The Ashes 2010

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
lookin forward to it.. predictions?

Eng 2 Aus 1

Strauss to get a sackful and take the captaincy honours, Broad to pip Watson in the allrounders stakes, Swann to come back to earth and go for many, KP to get a scrappy ton in the drawn test. moment of the series?! a stunning diving one-handed catch by sub-fielder Tim Bresnan on the extra-cover boundary to remove a rampant Ponting for 48 in the final test final day 2nd innings run chase, triggering an aussie batting collapse! 'Broad's ashes'!

hucks

Your Message Here
Luka has a very important job here, as he'll be able to watch it live. I don't think I saw a single ball of the last one.

I know everyone's really confident that England will win but i don't really share that. When was the last time we won a proper series abroad? SA in 04/05? We don't take enough wickets outside of England

luka

the australian press view seems to be, this is the worst australian team we've ever seen but sure'y we cant lose to the poms at home can we? they're worried about pontings recent weakness against the bouncer, johnsons wayward bowling, husseys loss of form, clarkes dodgy back, the lack of a seroius spin option, the lack of a real leader among the bowlers, um, i think thats it....
what they're not remotely worried about is englands bowlers, they dont rate them at all in australian non-swinging conditions and the non-swining kookaburra ball. they also refuse to take bell seriously. they are a bit scared of swann though cos they have this thing where they cant beleive you can succeed at cricket unless you posess a sterotypically australian personality. therefore strauss cant be a good captain cos he is an 'introvert' whereas swann is lud and abrasive and cocky and therefore a winner.

crackerjack

Swann aside, I can't see where England are gonna get wickets. Broad will take more than Jimmy A, but at his usual average of about 40 apiece. Last time we toured down under I predicted Bell would score 400+ for the series. This time I mean it.

Prediction: 2-2, unless Ricky P averages 50+, in which case 3-1 Aus.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
TONIGHT!

if anyone finds a place to watch daily highlights on the internet please post it here...

btw, i watched Gallipoli on tv last night, what a great movie...

luka

oh dear... siddles having a good day after getting slated in the (sydney) telegraph today.
hat trick on your birthday... that would be nice. queensland crowd going nuts! warne enjoying himself in the comentary box....

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here
oh dear... siddles having a good day after getting slated in the (sydney) telegraph today.
hat trick on your birthday... that would be nice. queensland crowd going nuts! warne enjoying himself in the comentary box....

Just woke up. Australia appear to be batting. Did I miss a day?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i care about cricket less than ten-pin bowling, but i cannot stress this enough - we've got to beat the fucking australians

crackerjack

Siddles is the Miroslav Klose of cricket. Essentially rubbish, does indecently well when it matters.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
tell u wot, this is clever by england, pretending to be the same pack of underachieving bottlers... lulling them into a false sense of security... clever, very clever

luka

i thought england were great yesterday. i watched the whole day. i didn't expect them to make such a fight out of it. anderson did really well. they're behind but the match isn't lost yet.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
apparently Finn was great after he got his first wicket too. i haven't watched a single ball of this series yet tho so i know nutting...

crackerjack

fucking Hussey... he's so boring to watch... so effective.. so australian

you missed one out...so fucking lucky. Jimmy had him in knots in the first hour today, and LBW twice but not given. Aus were scraping by on one per over at the start. It was one of the great unrewarded test spells.

luka

hes also quite good at cricket i suspect....
im really really pleased with england, ive never seen them display so much guts. it would have been a kick in the teeth what haddin and hussey did yesterday and i thought the way england bowled and the way strauss and cook have played today shows a lot of courage and tenacity. they may well still lose but it wont be abjectly like it was last time.