Thread: the revolution will be televised

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default the revolution will be televised

Last edited by routes; 28-01-2011 at 02:23 PM.

For a few seconds, radio here in ny broadcasted pure audio of street noise and chanting...reminded me of sclesi or xennaxis. I can imagine certain cable news producers telling people to put some b.s. stock music over the top to dilute.

Actually, I'm now on the hunt for audio of massive crowds and protests. Zhao?

Made in the USA -
    Egyptian Intifada-Imbaba

Credit Al J - their offices have been closed by Egyptian govt, but they're still broadcasting live pics.

Sounds like the protesters have just twigged that the army may not be their friends.

This could be about get very ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionfive View Post
    this is from years back, right?

if not, then fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

That's just beyond parody. Is Fox News trying to put The Onion out of business?
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adruu View Post
    For a few seconds, radio here in ny broadcasted pure audio of street noise and chanting...reminded me of sclesi or xennaxis. I can imagine certain cable news producers telling people to put some b.s. stock music over the top to dilute.

Actually, I'm now on the hunt for audio of massive crowds and protests. Zhao?
    sorry only saw this now. i sampled loads of crowds and chanting and speeches for the mash-tune i made on the previous page from youtube. quality is bad but there are a lot if you search for them... for sure very interesting sonics going on with things like this and on this scale... Chris Watson should be in Tahiri square with his armory of mics, would surely result in an amazing album of field recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    sorry only saw this now. i sampled loads of crowds and chanting and speeches for the mash-tune i made on the previous page from youtube. quality is bad but there are a lot if you search for them... for sure very interesting sonics going on with things like this and on this scale... Chris Watson should be in Tahiri square with his armory of mics, would surely result in an amazing album of field recordings.
    if i deciphered correctly the arabic at 3.10 on your track through the autotunage it says:
    lil sabr hudood - there is a limit to patience

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    if i deciphered correctly the arabic at 3.10 on your track through the autotunage it says:
    lil sabr hudood - there is a limit to patience
    thanks sufi. after some confusion and conflicting translations (from the arabic speakers i was able to find standing in front of the S-Bahn station, and making them listen to the passage on my ipod ) i think i finally got an exact translation from a friend:

"It's true that patience has limits!! pray Al-Fajr on the ruins and say ... say !! To die for our land!!"

which is OK with me. balances out the other voice which came right before, which says "this is not a war about guns and bombs", and gives another perspective.

this experience has taught me to be much more careful in the future... the audio came from a protest video - - from 1:35 - i was in such a hurry to get the thing done and up, and the images in the video made me think that it is probably for sure a positive message. i am lucky that the voice is not saying something much more objectionable (such as anti-semitism).

Glenn Beck just claimed India and Ireland are about to fall to Islamic revolution in a wave spreading from Egypt...........