Earthquakes!

historical accuracy has never been the xenophobe’s strongest suit - america's no orphan there
anyway we can all relax as, according to my favourite, It Was Written

by, erm, justin timberlake..

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
600x401xjapan-home-ocean.jpg.pagespeed.ic.c8JYu8tJWR.jpg

That would be somewhere in the Pacific.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
That shit Zhao just posted made me feel like I was about to get into a fight like 50 times in a row.

petergunn

plywood violin
That shit Zhao just posted made me feel like I was about to get into a fight like 50 times in a row.

what's that expression, "you can never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the general public" or something?

to me, the most annoying part is you know that every single prick who posted that thought it was REALLY CLEVER, b/c you see Pearl Harbor was 1941 and now it's 2011... stupid people seem to take comfort in numbers...

i work w/ a chinese guy who spent 15 minutes talking to me about how the numbers in the date of the japan earthquake and the numbers in the date of the last big earthquake in china from a few years back both add up to 2025 or something... like there aren't 1000 other days that do as well where NOTHING HAPPENED!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The whole 'payback for Pearl Harbour' thing is ridiculous and revolting. At least we wait for something *really* important (like a World Cup match) before venting our old wartime grievances...

i work w/ a chinese guy who spent 15 minutes talking to me about how the numbers in the date of the japan earthquake and the numbers in the date of the last big earthquake in china from a few years back both add up to 2025 or something... like there aren't 1000 other days that do as well where NOTHING HAPPENED!

In fairness, I think numbers have all kinds of significance in Chinese culture...but yeah, it is pretty annoying when people come up with spurious 'coincidences' like that. The human brain is pretty much hard-wired for finding patterns.