salute tottenham

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, take that you fascist BUS!

Edit: I think a better response would have been "Fucksake luka, grow up".

Last edited:

luka

i more or less made this thread to get you to say somthing like that tea! i always know where your sympathies will lie.

luka

you are sort of like my barometer of where middle englands head is at. you are the personification of a certain breed of englishman. not a bad sort of englishman exactly, just a very generic type i suppose. the standard model.

luka

in the same way you can always tell what droid will say on a politics thread.

luka

it doesnt mean he's not right, just that you can predict what he will think about any subject without asking him his opinion. some people are lik that.

hucks

Your Message Here
I like that they looted CarpetRight. The pictures are fucking incredible, eg http://t.co/vn1n6wD

The looting in wood green seems quite opportunistic. Obviously it's near, but it was going on without the police knowing a fucking thing, cos they were over on tottenham high street.

Last edited:

luka

i feel terrible for th dear old grannies sitting terrified in their flats. and the small buisness owners and all the rest of it. honest i really do.

luka

but there is something, i dont know if its the complacency or what, about the david mitchell/mr tea, common sense, reasonable adult view point that i find a bit frightening. never go too far in any direction. its wisdom, up to a point, but at the same time its evil. i dont know, its a quandry. its something i think about.

luka

i dont want to keep banging on about it till i get into trouble and feel ashamed of myself in the morning. i just want to register my disquiet. there. done it. i am disquieted. in a mild way.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I could kind of tell that as soon as I saw it...

It's like what Nomad said once about the long-time regulars here being like an old married couple who finish each other's sentences.

I could tell you were sort-of joking, because you're the board's designated joker - it's just that that "oh man, violence is so cool" thing winds me up, even if it's half in jest. And I believe you about your sympathies for all the innocent people affected by this, I really do. I mainly find the whole thing just depressing.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
But really, how long was it gonna be after the Tories started dismantling Britain til 'rioting' started in deprived areas of Britain?

I hate the media insinuation (even in the supposedly left-wing press) that poor people are somehow essentially more inclined to violence/ 'mindless' 'thuggery'. I think you'll find there's a fucking CONTEXT for that.

It is indeed very depressing that violence in poor areas ends up most affecting poor people though, definitely. I think people should take a leaf out of the book of French banlieue kids' books and go to rich areas to 'riot' (at least that happened a couple of times when I was there, not sure if it's a regular thing)

Residents said they had been driven from their homes and had lost everything. Stuart Radose had to flee his flat above a Carpetright shop in Tottenham High Road as fire ravaged the building.

"We've gone back this morning and it's a complete shell," he told Sky News. "Everything we had is gone. It's just mad. So many people have lost everything. It's just crazy. It looks like it's the second world war. It looks like the Blitz where we were living."

He said he had watched from his balcony as "things were getting worse and worse". "There didn't seem to be a police presence at all," he added. "Buildings seemed to be allowed to burn. I guess they couldn't get there.

"I think we've probably spent our last night in Tottenham. We're just in shock."

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
but there is something, i dont know if its the complacency or what, about the david mitchell/mr tea, common sense, reasonable adult view point that i find a bit frightening. never go too far in any direction. its wisdom, up to a point, but at the same time its evil. i dont know, its a quandry. its something i think about.

fucking hell, yeah. all smugly rational. so annoying.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So the answer is what - a cultivated irrationality? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. It just reminds me of hundredmillionlifetimes' endless attacks on "commonsense".

And Baboon is dead right, the people who've suffered here are the people in Tottenham who've lost their homes and businesses. People who have nothing to do with the government or the police, or with gun-toting criminals either.