How England Sees Itself

luka

Ha! I doubt that, Oliver.

Anyway, this:

Is worthy of note.

There are lots of paradoxes associated with progressive-idealism--in fact paradox is one of the defining characteristics of its dominant phase.

For example, equal freedom for all is the goal and ideal of modern liberalism--and yet its method in practice is the ever-expanding "managerial state", with attendant audit culture, abolition of politics and rule by an omnipresent enlightened elite.

To take another example, classical liberalism demanded strict limits to the power of the state, property rights, the sovereignty of private life and the elevation of bourgeois morality. Modern liberalism reverses all of those demands, and instead views a life of individually-determined hedonism as the fundamental right to be guaranteed by the power of the state.

Or, modern liberalism claims to be all about tolerance, but in reality it is no more tolerant than any other ruling ideology--you don't climb to the summit of the mountain of bones without adding a bit to it yourself. To question liberalism is to question reason itself--since liberalism proceeds from reason--and is thus inherently unreasonable, which is a Bad Thing by definition. Dissent, then, is impossible.

And so on...

Vim beating his favourite drum

luka

The paradoxes of tolerance are interesting, aren't they?

I think I would agree with you, to an extent.

The basic issue is that in the modern way of thinking all people must be free to pursue their individual aims as best they see fit. But in reality, of course many aims are mutually incompatible. The solution is ultimately to have aims provided, or at least sanctioned, by the state. And so it turns out that you are free to do whatever you want, as long as it is totally meaningless--like going shopping.

In the long-run, all intolerant subsets of liberal society will either become liberal voluntarily or will be made to become liberal, thus resolving the problem.

Distinct cultures will have to go, because distinct cultures necessarily exclude outsiders and restrict the ability of insiders to autonomously and optimally select between equally valid preferences.

"Society" then becomes nothing more than a simple aggregate of individuals making consumption choices in a rationally administered system--the utopia of modern economics and social science.

Anyway, since everyone is the same, and since all preferences are equally valid under liberalism, it follows that the conversion of the whole world to the liberal way of thinking is just a matter of time (and, occasionally, force of American arms).

There he goes!

luka

Welcome to the country’s biggest dead end town, where nobody works, **** of the earth live & kids play on the street until the early hours of the morning. Everybody I see, smokes weed. Everybody I look at is ****. Everything I do is better than the bastards do that live here.

Outside the 3 blocks of high rise flats, early, every morning, loud music blasts out of one of the windows. People shout up to other flats as they cannot afford credit/credit rating is too poor to get a mobile phone. “Got any puff?” says one layabout. But the listener can’t hear as their appalling taste in music is blasting out too loudly.

You’ve also got the maze of council houses, with endless alleyways which most have been blocked off due to the amount of thugs getting away with crime. What a waste of money, by Thurrock Council. They’re good at that though.

The nearest pub is 40 minutes walk away, although, saying that, it is an incredibily nice pub next to the fort & river. I’d imagine it is so nice beacuse the stupid stonehead **** cannot navigate their stupid bodies there.

If the people are not thugs in the town, they’re incredibily obese, with disgusting boils all over their skin, who just sit in their front garden all day, hoping they’ll win on their £1 scratchcard they have bought from “News, Food & Booze.”

15 year olds walk round with beer, cigarettes & tags on their legs. Mothers, Fathers and Grandparents don’t care about their son, wasting their life in this dead end hole.

The only way for this town to get any better is for someone to come and destroy it. Destroy the ****, destroy the staff dogs, destory the BNP headquaters just down the road in Grays, and destroy all of the **** smoking weed and destroy all of the **** living in the housing here.

Ok, there are a couple of decent people living here. You can see from their faces that they hate it just as much as every other decent person does.

The town is ****.

Thurrock Council is **** and

The Police Force is absolutely appalling.

If you want this, please, move to Tilbury Town.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

version

Screenshot-from-2020-12-23-13-30-35.png

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ha didn't realise it was Kelvin Mackenzie, just thought that was some BNP member from Surrey until that comment.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Nursing hangovers > idling

Did a zoom team call today, half the crew were noticeably more quiet than usual. I mentioned Rose wine and then everyone had an opinion.

Lots of booze overspill in recycling boxes for collection too out and about. A bloke at the end of our street had over a dozen bottles. No half measures.

Yours faithfully,
Hyacinth Bucket