Dizzee performing in the states.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
Caught Dizee in Dallas and he blew the roof off. Followed him down to Austin the day after and there was an even better turnout and more energy. Wonder delivered a quality set as well.

Dizzee is making BIG moves over here and helping to spread this music like no other.

I'll post more info. tomorrow.

Plasticman

Spoke to Wonder yesterday - it sounds like the tour on the whole is going really really well.

Massive props to Dizzee.

cooper

we're doing a run the road release party after the show in chapel hill nc next thurs. will be interesting to scope the turnout.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
thanks for starting this thread Keith---I was thinking this morning about doing the same myself. actually I wanted to ask people who'd caught the show elsewhere in the States (I also was at the Austin show) how the crowd reactions were, and what kind of people were coming out. in Austin it seemed like most of the crowd was white indie rock kid types. I wondere if this was the same elsewhere? what kind of people came out in Dallas actually?

I'm interested to see how the Houston show was, given the presence of the Grit Boys ...

also Keith----nice to meet you yesterday, and thanks for the mix, it's sweet.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
Yeh it was alot of indie kids in dallas too. Except for a handfull of people from the garage scene.

I talked to wonder and he said its been the same on all the other stops.

believekevin

I'll be at Diz on 4/24 in Cambridge, MA. Psyched for it.. though I expect a similar audience. We'll see- the Middle East has been doing more hip-hop lately.. so who knows?

DavidD

can't be stopped
Dizzee will be on Damage Control radio in just under an hour! If you want to here him talk with that boy from houstonsoreal.blogspot.com make sure to tune in to http://www.kpft.org starting at 12AM central time (US).

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
Dizzee keeps fuckin killin these beats. Its hard for me to go back to the laid back flow from the grit boys. This is just fucking crazy.

Last edited:

DavidD

can't be stopped
I'm pretty sure Matt's gonna put it up on his blog, and serg will put it on the shrimp if not. Maybe catchdubs recorded it too.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
DavidD said:
I'm pretty sure Matt's gonna put it up on his blog, and serg will put it on the shrimp if not. Maybe catchdubs recorded it too.

Might wanna wait for that cus I kept losing my connection. But I'll post up soon nyways.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
reasonable review of LA dizzee show up on pitchfork now. we had some guys yelling for Stand Up Tall all night in Austin too ...