Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

the sad news about bob hoskins (rip) brought to mind a film from maybe the early/mid-2000s about a guy who's head of a UK mob crew, he's sort of an aging gangster trying to manage in the new world of crime organizations. while not an outright comedy, the film is sort of a gang-that-couldn't-shoot-straight tale.

can't think of the name of the film, thought i remembered hoskins in the lead role as mob boss but don't see anything like that on his IMDb.

anyone have a guess about what film i thinking of?

Intrigued by this.

what?what?what?what?what?

the sad news about bob hoskins (rip) brought to mind a film from maybe the early/mid-2000s about a guy who's head of a UK mob crew, he's sort of an aging gangster trying to manage in the new world of crime organizations. while not an outright comedy, the film is sort of a gang-that-couldn't-shoot-straight tale.
    can't think of the name of the film, thought i remembered hoskins in the lead role as mob boss but don't see anything like that on his IMDb.
    anyone have a guess about what film i thinking of?
    The description sounds a bit like The Long Good Friday but that's not 2000s, it's 80s.

Gangster No.1? Although that's Paul Bettany, Malcolm McDowell and David Thewlis with no Hoskins.

Warner Bros. Signs Deal for AI-Driven Film Management System

Under the new deal, Warners will leverage the systemís comprehensive data and predictive analytics to guide decision-making at the greenlight stage. The integrated online platform can assess the value of a star in any territory and how much a film is expected to make in theaters and on other ancillary streams.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...system-1268036

I don't think I've ever seen something like this before. You often get big actors, directors etc doing them, but to have the studio executives... That's a lot of money and influence sat round that table.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    my truffles are pristine