Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2475

Thread: Shuffling / House Music / Cutting Shapes

big up trillz, about to give this a read

Quote Originally Posted by glasshand View Post
    big up trillz, about to give this a read
    cheers bro, shout out continuum for d drop as well

piece was edited a fair bit but im very happy with the result tbh

more populist than academic but im sure rudewhy will balance things out with his fact drop

props to everyone that didnt need to be put in the crippler crossface to see the potential of this musc/scene
    snmbsm
    @italkenoughshitonhere

Whoever tagged this thread "trilliam was right"... Says it all lol
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

https://soundcloud.com/dipdabparties

really enjoying those Dip Dab sets from the Cuff night, does anyone have links for the main room sets (particularly Amine Edge & Dance) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Whoever tagged this thread "trilliam was right"... Says it all lol
    lol safe for this still, it was a joint effort urself included, but ill take spearhead

stil im already tryna advise people how to run their record labels over twitter so i deffo need to fall the f back lol

@wise amine n edge have a habit of uploading everything to their soundcloud so if its not their yet it will be soon
    snmbsm
    @italkenoughshitonhere

thanks Trilliam

Quote Originally Posted by trilliam View Post
    cheers bro, shout out continuum for d drop as well

piece was edited a fair bit but im very happy with the result tbh

more populist than academic but im sure rudewhy will balance things out with his fact drop

props to everyone that didnt need to be put in the crippler crossface to see the potential of this musc/scene
    Really good piece mate big up

Yeah the Complex piece is nice still.
    Blazey from Bristol

Bodynod / Boogaloo City

blazey[@]bodynod.co.uk

Blazey Soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/djblazey

Bodynod Soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/bodynod
    Boogaloo City Soundcloud - http://soundcloud.com/boogaloocity

Quote Originally Posted by Rudewhy View Post
    Another thing that I love about this scene: not every single lad you meet in the raves is a "DJ".
    never found this true of any scene tbh, everywhere just wreck-up ravers lol. on the issue about whether audio rehab should release vinyl or not, fuck vinyl basically. archaic, and tradition at its worst...

looking forward to the radford interview blackdown. and shouts to the other writers round these here parts..good reads. heads up for a cpl of free dls

kg3 with some of that 90's rock sampling we love so much. in before the deep tech damon albarn edit

archie b def one of my fave producers at the min. original and extra deep

Pinch talking shite on RA about current UK dance music:

Do you feel like there's less community in UK dance music than there was in the early dubstep days?

Oh yeah, definitely. And I think that kind of house-flavored revolution in the UK… I mean it's so funny—it's been in Europe for years, who gives a shit, it's just more house and techno! It was almost like the dubstep generation missed house music entirely. It became a fresh and interesting thing, but it wasn't like that for everyone everywhere. And what I see when I have to go to bigger raves is that it's a very detribalized scene. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just a different thing, whereas something like dubstep, or jungle, had a very core aesthetic which organically extended beyond the music. I don't feel like there's much of a cultural aesthetic that extends from this kind of newer house. But then I'm also getting older, I'm not out at the clubs all the time, so I don't know if that's a true reflection.
    ..at least he admits at the end he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

Lol.
    That interview is interesting though. Why is it when he comes across as like, intelligent, thoughtful and passionate, I find the attitude of "let's just make some fucking house music" so much more appealing? I'm pretty damn analytical in the way I listen to music sometimes, but when it comes from the producers themselves it seems to suck the life out of things...

Like I was chatting to Danny from Jack n Danny and he was saying he got into the house thing a yea for two ago simply cause he saw it was blowing up, he liked the sound, and he knew that he could make it easily lol. Admittedly I've payed the square route of fuck all attention to any of Pinch's new stuff or any of that whole Mumdance sound, but If anyone can find me something from that scene that hits as hard as 'The Machine' I'll doff my e-hat to them.
    Last edited by datwun; 05-09-2014 at 04:19 AM.

the machine being riaz dhanani's human machine on audio rehab?

Quote Originally Posted by datwun View Post
    That interview is interesting though. Why is it when he comes across as like, intelligent, thoughtful and passionate, I find the attitude of "let's just make some fucking house music" so much more appealing? I'm pretty damn analytical in the way I listen to music sometimes, but when it comes from the producers themselves it seems to suck the life out of things...
    I couldn't read the whole thing. I was intrigued by the title and started to read but soon realised it wasn't actually about what was going on in uk dance music and was just self promotion dressed up with droning. It's so typical of a website like RA to cater for this type of thing. Profit/safety above risk taking.