Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuffling / House Music / Cutting Shapes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shuffling / House Music / Cutting Shapes

There is obviously something going on with House music in London with DJs like Mark Radford and dance styles such as cutting shapes / shuffling whatever it is called. Don't really know anything about it so excuse me if I sound ignorant. Thought a new thread to compile and cover what is happening would be useful.

Some people have been mentioning in other threads about a Footwork influence which is obvious in the following video: The setting of the barber shop and bright fluorescent lighting is very similar to a certain well known Chicago Footwork spot.

Some of the tunes that are big also seem to have a certain sound to them. eg. Playtime Productions - Our Kind

Will post some more tunes as I find them to avoid turning this into an Audio Rehab promo thread. Any further recommendations appreciated.

Just tech house init.

Try enjoy this without drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post

rubbish opinion

i think some of this stuff is called 'bass house' - in sense of giving focus on basslines, not in sense of post-dubstep 'bass'.

Liverpool's Dj Zeke has some nice mixes: https://soundcloud.com/dj-zeke

People are dancing to house music, nothing new.

Hardly anything new, just what funky led to. This has been going on for years now?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    Just tech house init.

i don't know if you're trolling or not with this comment, but that's a ridiculous statement.

*also to say it's 'just tech house' proves you know nothing about techno, house, or even for that matter, tech house (which we all know is poo)

**also that sounds uncannily like what each one of my grime friends said about dubstep when they first heard it, oh and what happened there?
    Last edited by fhuckface; 31-12-2012 at 01:16 PM.

the whole 'anti foot shuffling' thing is a page made by old cunts who don't like the fact there's a new attitude they don't recognise in their party's. It's also clearly a cynical attack on a type of person who attends these party's that boils down to race & age.

edit* and it's DEFINITELY not anything new, just trad euro house.

Quote Originally Posted by fhuckface View Post
    the whole 'anti foot shuffling' thing is a page made by old cunts who don't like the fact there's a new attitude they don't recognise in their party's. It's also clearly a cynical attack on a type of person who attends these party's that boils down to race & age.
    exactly what i thought.

Trilliam is also correct.

Luke Larrell & Majesty feat. Kele Le Roc - They Want You

Quote Originally Posted by fhuckface View Post

edit* and it's DEFINITELY not anything new, just trad euro house.
    What does it have to do with race?

Good mix from Ava Word residents Two Of Us showcasing the biggest tunes from 2012: https://soundcloud.com/educationradi...-radio-podcast

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    What does it have to do with race?
    could be wrong, but arent the people they want to turn away mostly young-ish black kids?

So weird how this just repeats itself again and again really.
    does seem like the rifts that would previously take at least a few years to appear now appear in months though

Last edited by trilliam; 09-06-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Does anyone have any good videos of shufflers dancing to deep tech? I remember one of a guy doing moves to ''Made U Look'' posted on here a while back.
    This is still my favourite "Shapes" video. The guy need's to go on #GOTSHAPES

Also cant believe this track's still not been released yet..