luka

Land has speculated about both an AI and the Necronomicon from the future meddling in our current world. But this researcher can't help but think of a more chilling scenario: What if it is the Great Old Ones themselves who are melding in the present from the future. And what if accelerationism and the Dark Enlightenment are one such bid to harness capitalism and technology towards one obvious end: their own creation and a distinctly post-human future. Are Lovecraft's demonic space gods then our own future when a tendril-faced elite final sever all ties to humanity and Earth as a whole? Certainly, I suspect such a notion has passed through Land's mind. And he may well be okay with such an outcome.

But the real question is, are men like Epstein and Thiel concerned with such an endgame? Based on circumstantial evidence, such a possibility can not be dismissed. And that is something that is truly horrifying to contemplate. This is why, as I've suggested before, that Epstein's child sex trafficking is not the darkest abyss. Rather, it is what the funds from this endeavor were being used to sponsor. And that may well be the birth of the Great Old Ones.

catalog

Started listening to this early kode9 tune from the same channel

Heart of darkness is a constant inspiration for so many different people huh

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I know I've posted this here before but I don't care. If I live to 100 I wager I still find this image funny as hell.

nickland.jpg

version

I listened to a podcast he was on last night and within five minutes he was off on a mad one. The host asked him which five figures he'd like to get in a room together and he said he couldn't really answer because he feels like he's spent the last twenty years locked in a room with five "abstract schizo entities" so picking five normal figures would be like picking five "meat puppet masks of the pentazygon" and it's only worth his time if he can pick five "syzygetic lemurs"...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I listened to a podcast he was on last night and within five minutes he was off on a mad one. The host asked him which five figures he'd like to get in a room together and he said he couldn't really answer because he feels like he's spent the last twenty years locked in a room with five "abstract schizo entities" so picking five normal figures would be like picking five "meat puppet masks of the pentazygon" and it's only worth his time if he can pick five "syzygetic lemurs"...

Are we quite sure the persona of "Nick Land" isn't an extremely extended performance art project?

version

All of them except "emerson lake and palmer" and "southern death cult" are mine. I did all but one of the tags on the Deleuze thread too.

catalog

don't think this is quite the right place, but dugin has written a thing about the virus - he sez it's a warning from apollo

https://www.geopolitica.ru/en/article/thoughts-time-cholera-part-1

"Apollo is a metaphysical symbol of our appeal to ourselves, to our inner dimension, to our immortal soul, and when people sin against this immortal soul, when they are completely absorbed in the elements of entertainment, the outside world, pleasure-seeking and constant swarming around material goods, things we are obsessed with acquiring, or think we haven’t been given enough of, or want more of, or feel compelled to use up faster...

As soon as people begin to swarm around non-Apollonian values, when this swarm reaches a certain critical point, Apollo sends a plague to humanity, and this is absolutely just and logical, as this plague makes people return to themselves again.

This was mentioned by Albert Camus in his novel "The Plague." He says that the plague is a way to think, it is an invitation for us to think about the most important and fundamental things.

It is not only about quarantine, it is primarily a collision with death, because when we live in a normal state we don’t remember our finitude, we forget about death, it is somewhere outside our attention, we fail to think existentially. And then comes the pandemic, the coronavirus, the plague is at hand – death has come back to us, and we have come back to it."

I've still not read the plague by camus.