Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: KAN YAY OR KAN NAY? (The Kanye West Thread)

hes always been as conservative and unimaginative musically as he has been lyrically. middle of the road. ploddingly obvious. creatively bankrupt. inane. glib.

The Pusha T album, which he produced, is brilliant. Haven't heard his own one yet.

Edit: I see Corpsey has already said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Not revisited Ye yet but relistening to Daytona today and some of those beats are BRILLIANT.
    daytona is basically kanye thinking hes making a madlib album for stones throw.
    it is the best pusha t album since clipse ended but the weird feeling i had listening to it was that pusha now sounds like hes from another era entirely (ie he sounds OLD in a way that kanye, oddly, doesnt).
    q-tip might be the only half decent human being on GOOD music.
    Last edited by rubberdingyrapids; 06-06-2018 at 11:51 PM.

clipse never really felt real anyway. they came out of nowhere with a whole album produced by the neptunes. they were sort of like a good version of magoo.

pusha t now sounds somewhere between a sociopathic arsehole and a silly crack dealer cartoon trying too hard to be outrageous. all these journalists tripping over themselves with gleeful drug dealer imagery are a bit embarassing.

the good thing about rick ross (also on daytona) is that he/the audience all know it is a big ruse whereas with pusha t, everyone is buying into the idea that it is all real, based on what exactly, i cant remember anymore, but i see it as another stupid example of rap fans/rappers' misguided obsession with authenticity.
    Last edited by rubberdingyrapids; 07-06-2018 at 12:08 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rubberdingyrapids For This Useful Post:

pusha t is even older than me.

I wasn't sure about the Pusha T album at first, but it grew on me and I've had it on a lot since then; everything I like about Ye - the beats, the length - is done better on Daytona and everything I don't like about it - weak lyrics, sloppy mixing - isn't an issue with Daytona.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberdingyrapids View Post
    daytona is basically kanye thinking hes making a madlib album for stones throw.
    Really?

Those meds he's on must be potent
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    hes always been as conservative and unimaginative musically as he has been lyrically. middle of the road. ploddingly obvious. creatively bankrupt. inane. glib.
    We're jamming
    I wanna jam it with you

His remix of 'I Don't Like' was awful though

Speaking of rastamon vibes

we're talking about someone whos sense of hip is so q magazine that he looped curtis mayfield move on up and thought that was acceptable. we're talking about someone who sampled daft punk. we're talking, essentially, about a square.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

we're talking about someone whos sense of hip is so q magazine that he looped curtis mayfield move on up and thought that was acceptable. we're talking about someone who sampled daft punk. we're talking, essentially, about a square.
    if you havent listened to kanye since 2008 or so, then your opinion makes sense.

i listened to at least 30 seconds of each of the new pusha t songs.
    chugging is not a word that should ever be applicable to rap music.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Infared reminds me of Roc Marciano production (probably a capital crime for some of y'all). That's a good atmospheric space for Pusha T.

Listening to 'Mama I'm So Sorry' followed by 'Infared' shows how much Pusha has progressed in the intervening years. Maybe not a good pick. I need to revisit the Clipse discography with more of an ear for the rapping.

Bam Bam! He sampled Bam Bam.