Phone Insurance

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This might be the most boring thread ever created on dissensus but...

I just got a samsung s4 contract with carphone warehouse, they sold me their insurance plan (which I don't have to pay for two weeks and can cancel before then). It's 14 quid a month, which is obviously too much.

Just wondering where you lot have got insurance with? It seems insurance2go.co.uk are the cheapest for samsung phones but I don't know if that means they're going to be shit?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i bought a sim card at lidl yesterday and wanted to "activate" it today and it tells me i have to sit in front of my webcam, so that it can scan my face and compare it to my passport picture. or, alternatively, i have to install some app, then print out a form and take that to the post office so that they can verify my identity.

when did this happen? i just want to buy a sim card, plug it in, upload some credits and make calls. is there still a way of doing this without uploading my dna first?

droid

This might be the most boring thread ever created on dissensus but...

I just got a samsung s4 contract with carphone warehouse, they sold me their insurance plan (which I don't have to pay for two weeks and can cancel before then). It's 14 quid a month, which is obviously too much.

Just wondering where you lot have got insurance with? It seems insurance2go.co.uk are the cheapest for samsung phones but I don't know if that means they're going to be shit?

Dunno, but Kevinoak should be able to sort you out.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
i bought a sim card at lidl yesterday and wanted to "activate" it today and it tells me i have to sit in front of my webcam, so that it can scan my face and compare it to my passport picture. or, alternatively, i have to install some app, then print out a form and take that to the post office so that they can verify my identity.

when did this happen? i just want to buy a sim card, plug it in, upload some credits and make calls. is there still a way of doing this without uploading my dna first?

The networks have to be somewhat accountable for their customers so unfortunately that means ID is required. Otherwise criminals would be able to do all kinds of shit on the net anonymously. Of course they still can and do, but just not on lidl's watch. But dude, get on alditalk like me, and we can call each other for free, unlimited! Or if you must be anon, go to one of the Turkish places on Karl Marx str or Sonnenallee and get lebara or whatever.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
yeh that's where i got my last sim-card but those providers are terrible. it keeps sending me messages i have to upload credits and i have some weird package that allows me to make free calls with turkish telephone numbers but i don't know any turkish telephone numbers and then when i buy credits i either have to buy 25 or 10. 10 is not enough and 25 is too much and you don't get to take those credits with you in the new month.

fuck they make something so simple so complicated makes me just wanna throw my phone in the bin and never make a call again if this is what they make me wanna go through. makes me feel like michael douglas in falling down.