photos of lea valley before Olympic development

version

:crylarf:

I liked the last one of the dude lying in the grass. I'll ta! that one too, if it'll make you feel better.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
those photo's are amazing. there's something so beautiful about forgotten parts of the city. area's not yet capitalized on, bit's that are in limbo, forgotten.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
mossy mopeds, stacked car skeletons, drowning road signs, gorgeous jim climbing the fence. summer in full effect. vegetation at its greenest.

craner

Beast of Burden
That wasn't Jim climbing the fence, but Jim is in the picture cutting through the undergrowth just behind Mark Fisher.

luka

If I remember I was wearing a ridiculous farmer's hat I'd somehow acquired, drunk, at a party.

That's why I shouldn't even have repeated them by brining it up. It's non shareable.

Thanks yyaldrin. I'm really proud of my photo collection. If I'm feeling self indulgent I might post some more. The ones that aren't taken in that portion of the Lea valley.

luka

That wasn't Jim climbing the fence, but Jim is in the picture cutting through the undergrowth just behind Mark Fisher.

We all looked terrible in those days before social media taught us self presentation skills

woops

is not like other people
i lived in this area too in about 2007, all those greenway signs and car wreckage are very familiar, it was a great area to explore in hindsight

luka

Space within the city that is also outside the city in some sense, outside the panopticon, is necessary for our survival. I feel a sense of panic and claustrophobia as I watch it all disappear.

catalog

i lived in homerton 2007 - 9, around the edge of it, hassett road, by wick lane, not far from overground station. i think i did walk to stratford via hackney wick one day, but all i can remember is a long narrow snicket, that felt like a perfect place to get mugged. there were a lot of these weird overgrown areas, but it was before my interest in motorways, rubbish and graffiti really took off.

luka

Most people i took round there would feel afraid, particularly at night. But no muggings happen there. Theres not enough people around. You'd be waiting all day for a victim.