luka

Lex Luger will never die amirite. not that I'm one to speak without hypocrisy listening to the same break choppage for hours, but...

yeah, it's nice enough, can listen to it in the background and enjoy it as radio music but fails to hit me in the gut and get my jugular veigns pumping.

I wonder what beagle would have to say about this

catalog

And this

I like the diversity of sounds going on. Bit of standard noise, field recordings, bit of 70s prog. This is what it's about.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
dj oblique - near miss sneer mix

multigenre multitempo mix of noisy industrial cuts, but emphatically not just yet another played out industrial techno mix, there's rhythmic and real textural diversity going on here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdcru6om5fg8w7r/DJ Oblique - Near Miss Sneer Mix.mp3?dl=0

here is the tracklist:

Oni Ayhun - untitled
Helicopterface - Positive Collide
Kronos Device - The Structure
Vi11AiN - Someone Must Pay
Bombardier - Radio Tower
Ingler - Xatix
S.A.T.K.A. - Transist
Element Abuse - Andy Gibson
Emptyset - Gate 3
Metal Beast - Cacophlex
Grischa Lichtenberger - 0406_01_RS_!
A034 - Mist
Pod - Geodesic Dome
Ugandan Methods - mat Oput 1
Mika Vainio - Barbarians
Diskbootik - Ribbons of Sound 02
Ancient Methods - untitled
Re:Group - AntiChance (original mix)
Imminent - Teskede
Moving Ninja - Shellcode
Anstam - untitled
Virtus - Ice Crime
Vex'd - Slug Trawl Depths
2methylBulbe1ol - Sans Échafaud
Slutmachine - Xistor
Elektroplasma - Analyse
Reload - Teq
Laura Grabb - W1-W5
Cloaks - R.F.I.D.
13th Hour - Malice Aforethought
Loops Haunt - Impact Omnihammer
Shatterbreak - Shadowdeep Paradise
Steel - One Man and His Anger
Vent - Silicon Age (Cursor Miner rmx)
CDatakill - No Brakes (remix by DJ Hidden)
Subskan - I Don't Care
Xanopticon - Stable Fire
Oni Ayhun - untitled

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

best mix i've heard in a long time, bleepy 808 electro house and hip-hop music, the second half is the best

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Think third is a big Jerome Hill fan

oh yeh 100%, one of the few djs still keeping the legacy of the whole 89-91 fantasy/pulse fm eclectic 'what the fuck was this?' vibe alive.

Luke most of that stuff is proto hardcore, hence it seems uncanny to you. that transitional point.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Edgy. A bit uncanny. Not healthy. Not celebratory.

well this is my minor quibble with the nuum thesis. that most of the narritive (not bliss but people who ran with it) starts from shoom era balearic dungarees smiley faced house and then goes straight into 91 pop rave, missing that fertile period between 89-91. what they were calling hardcore house in 89 wasn't the italo piano vamps, it was much moodier gear like this. we focus on 92 a lot but some original ravers hated it. I've always said that 93-94 jungle was the return of pre-92, only at a much faster and more swinging bassline tempo, which jars quite horribly with the journalist centred chronicling of this stuff. I'm sure if Energy Flash was written by an 88 acid house head who went to dungeons, (to be absolutely fair bliss has a small section in this in his book) then followed the whole progression into jungle, it would read a bit different in some places, but then again that's the charm of a musical revolution, you can get swept in it like bliss's generation did and not worry too much about the history because the future is comin straight at ya. however we've been cheated so we get to dissect this stuff with a razor.

another few proto jungle tunes

that's what I found so funny about the whole blackdown discourse around bass music, as if house and ja based UK music were primordial enemies. the problem with bass music wasn't that it went back to house (what a nonsensical revisionist idea!) it's that there are better records than the UK bass people made.

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

suprised by how much i enjoyed this. actually loved it. i admit i felt slightly irritated by the contrarian/trolling intro matt wrote for it. reminded me of his attempt to downplay the significance of reggae to jungle, and boost the (in truth non existaent) contribution detroit techno had made, but i suppose that was the point of writing it, so fair play and the mix is brilliant, not one shit tune and the mixing itself is a lot better than in previous installments.

good work woebot

amazing mix. played it twice last week, the first hour especially is great. i know the whole forum is raving about jungle and rightfully so but if you'd ask me what music would really make my body move in every direction on the dance floor this would be it.