IdleRich

IdleRich
Busted.
After Trump, just moments ago during the news conference that he spoke to Jacob Blake’s family pastor. Blake Sr noted, “We don’t have a family pastor... I don’t know who he’s talking to.”

IdleRich

IdleRich
I know... his tax returns should be released to the NY DA tomorrow but he's fighting to get more stays right now.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The level of political discourse is now just so moronic
Trump showed in his interview with Ingraham that his conspiracy-mindedness is not limited to protesters in the streets. He announced in the interview that Biden was being controlled by secret forces and that relatedly the federal government is investigating a plane “almost completely loaded with thugs, wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear”.
Trump appeared to be riffing on a viral Facebook post from 1 June that falsely claimed that a group of men in black attire – associated with the anti-fascist movement – had flown from Seattle, Washington, to Boise, Idaho, NBC News reported.
Nothing about the Facebook post was true, but the president made it the centerpiece of wild accusations about his political opponent.
“He’s not controlling anything,” Trump said of Biden. “They control...”
”Who do you think is pulling Biden’s strings?” Ingraham asked. “Is it former Obama people?”
Trump said it was “People that you’ve never heard of, people that are in the dark shadows, people that are –”
Ingraham interjected, asking: “What does that mean? That sounds like a conspiracy theory. Dark shadows. What is that?”
“People that you haven’t heard of,” Trump said. “They’re, they’re people that are on the streets, they’re people that are controlling the streets. We had somebody get on a plane from a certain city this weekend, and in the plane it was almost completely loaded with thugs, wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear, and this and that. They’re on a plane –”
Ingraham interjected again, asking: “Where was this?
“I’ll tell you sometime,” Trump said. “But it’s under investigation right now.”
I will never get used to this. How is it possible that the fucking president talks like a stoned teenager when he goes on national tv? People just accept this bullshit? How did this happen, how did we get here?

luka

Cos everyone knows it's a load of bollocks so you might as well opt for the best entertainment option

IdleRich

IdleRich
Cos everyone knows it's a load of bollocks so you might as well opt for the best entertainment option
No they don't. Twitter is now full of people saying "These serious allegations need to be investigated" - I'd love to think that they were just entertained but they are completely serious.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I did like this bit of the interview
In an interview with Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Monday night, Trump compared Sheskey to a golfer missing a putt.
“Shooting the guy – shooting the guy in the back many times, I mean, couldn’t you have done something different, couldn’t you have wrestled him?” Trump said.
“You know, I mean, in the meantime he might’ve been going for a weapon and you know, there’s a whole big thing there. But they choke. Just like in a golf tournament. They miss a 3-foot putt.”
Ingraham, a prominent Trump supporter who spoke at the 2016 Republican convention, cut the president off abruptly.
You’re not comparing it to golf, because that’s what the media would say,” she said.
“I’m saying people choke,” Trump replied. “People choke.”
Which appeared in the Guardian under the headline "Trump compares police shootings to golfing and defends teenager who shot protesters"

IdleRich

IdleRich
So they are allowing another fucking delay
Appeals court rules Manhattan DA cannot get Trump's tax returns for now
A federal appeals court has ruled that the Manhattan district attorney may not immediately obtain Trump’s tax returns.
A three-judge panel granted the president’s request for a temporary stay as his legal team appeals a previous decision allowing Manhattan district attorney Cy Vance access to his financial records.
“The question at this juncture is quite simple but also quite important,” one of the president’s lawyers, William Consovoy, said. “Will the president be given an opportunity to appeal that ruling before his personal records are disclosed to the grand jury and the status quo is irrevocably changed?”
Consovoy criticized the DA’s subpoena as part of an “arbitrary fishing expedition,” but Vance’s team has said they need a wide range of documents to aid a “complex financial investigation.”
Trump’s appeal is expected to be resolved in a matter of weeks, with a hearing in the case set for 25 September.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Of course that's just Vance who gets to see them, we won't.
Meanwhile Trump has tweeted that the reason he suddenly rushed to his health centre a couple of months back "definitely wasn't because of a series of mini-strokes" ok then.

Last edited:

Leo

it almost doesn't matter that the tweet is four years old. he's campaigning like he's the challenger who's got the secret to fix COVID, social unrest, unemployment, etc. umm, you're the incumbent, buddy. all this "chaos, crime & violence" is on your watch, can't blame Joe or hillary for this one. but of course, he can't take responsibility for anything.