other_life

bioconfused
tea stick to writing ab the occult On God (you're good at that!). i literally do not give a fuck who got trump elected. who gives a fuck if its true? was nae me. could not stand liberals w baited breath at this russiagate shit. and it just goes ON
he is impervious to every possible criticism. you can't Get Him. no Gotcha.
and most liberals can not assimilate that, they can not deal with it, they can not begin to comprehend it.
and they spin out so much and make so much noise bc of it it was right away, from go, worse than anything trump could do.
in other news trump's Recent Looks are some uh
reality collapse vibes in a big way.
maybe even more than the "welcome to my realm"/eyes wide shut burger-spread shot (and that's pretty hard to top)
D8LBHVhXsAITcYJ.jpg
D8LBHVwXUAY9O3z.jpg
190603-donald-trump-royal-family-getty-1160.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
HE'S PLAYING YOU

I mean this sounds quite close to the 'seven dimensional chess' nonsense that was briefly popular after Trump first got elected. It's important to remember that he's more a symptom than a cause of what's going wrong, and has been allowed to get as far as he has because he's useful in enacting very traditional conservstive policies like tax cuts and deregulation of industry.

I dunno, perhaps I'm only telling you what you already think about him.

other_life

bioconfused
we agree that he's symptomatic and not causal. "seventh dimensional chess" it's not that deep, he's having a laugh, he's shitting on everything. when i say he's impervious it's not in the sense his supporters say, though it's difficult to english precisely what i mean. i'm less star struck and more Tired

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's the ultimate taboo, isn't it? Well I mean along with dead bodies or animals, I suppose. But there must be some thrill in doing something that, quite apart from being appallingly immoral, would get you thrown in jail for many years and treated as the worst of the worst even by murderers - if you were one 'little people', of course.

luka

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-charges.html

Will this just be the latest thing that we pray will bring down Trump (and any other guilty parties, Bill Clinton included) and won't?

What is it with powerful rich people and paedophilia? Is it just that a certain percentage will be paedophiles (who can indulge without being locked up) or is there some connection there between their need to dominate in general?

I always assumed (paranoid) it was part of becoming powerful. That you need to be compromised to be powerful. That its part of the contract. That no one is allowed to be genuinely powerful. There has to be a web of what's that Russian word? Kompromat or whatever?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I always assumed (paranoid) it was part of becoming powerful. That you need to be compromised to be powerful. That its part of the contract. That no one is allowed to be genuinely powerful. There has to be a web of what's that Russian word? Kompromat or whatever?

I think the likely truth - that a man who chooses to behave like that because he enjoys it and because he can has become POTUS by more or less democratic means - is if anything much worse. Your idea kind of lets him off the hook. It's like Stannis burning his little girl because he thinks it's a grim necessity.

luka

Yeah well we will never know so I'm not going to argue about it. I'm sure there's loads who do it cos they want to and feel they can get away with it too. But we are little people so we will always be in the dark.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well if there's any truth to it, I'm sure the wealth and power are a means to behaving like a monster as much as the reverse. Certainly for someone like Trump.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
It's probably more than 1 in 5. I guess you already knew this but one of the main symptoms of being a psychopath is no feelings of remorse. I just learned the other day that another one is never feeling sad, which was a relief for me. I'm sad all the dang time!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've read a lot about psychopathy. I'm sort of the opposite of a psychopath - easily overwhelmed by feelings - so I think that's where the fascination lies.

I think there is a big grey area for not feeling remorse when it comes to these huge social structures we exist in. You don't' have to be a psychopath to blunt that affect. For example, walking past homeless people in London - I think the longer I've lived here the easier I've found it to just ignore them as I walk past. I still feel twinges of guilt and sadness but even in those cases, a few minutes later and I've completely forgotten about them.

But I think to get to the top in any profession (more or less) you have to be ruthless in your interpersonal relations, i.e. willing to fuck people over and look them in the face afterwards. So being a psychopath must come in handy for that sort of thing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It is interesting though that the majority of people, even when trained rigorously, react badly to killing other people in combat. PTSD is common. You can get a 'normal' person to kill other people in combat, even torture them, but the chances are they'll mentally crumble at some point afterwards. A psychopath might feel as bad about that as you or I would squashing a fly.