firefinga

It's great isn't it

Yes, but as a die hard x-files fan I have to say the X-Files were very Alex Jones-ish in that regard. As the show went on, they just added serveral layers of conspiracies. U had a whole hierarchy of conspiracies, also very intertwined

Last edited:

luka

I watched the first ever episode as it screened on uk television. Fell in love with it straight away but I didn't stay the distance. Doubt I watched more than 2 seasons. Very important programme. Makes more sense to say Alex Jones is very x-files than vice versa though both draw on long established elements of American society (the conspiracy nut was a well enough established trope that the x files features one, living in a trailer lined with tinfoil)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh for sure. This looks like a new run of a show feeding off a popular culture that the original run of the show helped create.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Untergang des Abendlandes

Edit: Sigh. Now I look like a weirdo because version has 'done a version' and I didn't bother to quote his post before it disappeared.

Last edited:

luka

there's a hardcore bass in this country who felt left behind: lost their factory jobs, not able to adapt to the information tech economy, increasingly surrounded by people from other lands who didn't look like them, speak like them, act like them, pray like them, etc. nostalgia for when things were "good". while they struggled, they felt Washington turned its back on them, bailing out banks instead of helping them. Washington establishment became the enemy, the swamp.

trump zeroed in on that sense of being aggrieved and, being the con man he is, exploited it: the ultimate outsider, the successful businessman who vowed to drain the swamp and build the wall to protect the base from those invaders from abroad. he was brash and loud, not some cultured snob who looked down on them.

to the base, trump largely does not represent the republicans, or the right, or conservative values. he represents their desire to blow up the Washington, to get back at the establishment, to stick their fingers in the eyes of the educated coastal elites.

Hardcore bass

version

These connections between Trump associates and Ukraine keep appearing.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump defended his attorney Rudy Giuliani on Saturday as a “legendary crime buster” and “wonderful lawyer” after a media report that prosecutors are investigating whether the former New York mayor broke lobbying laws in his dealings in Ukraine.

“So now they are after the legendary ‘crime buster’ and greatest Mayor in the history of NYC, Rudy Giuliani,” Trump said in a statement on Twitter.

“He may seem a little rough around the edges sometimes, but he is also a great guy and wonderful lawyer. Such a one sided Witch Hunt going on in USA. Deep State. Shameful!” he tweeted.

The New York Times reported late on Friday that federal prosecutors in Manhattan were investigating Giuliani’s actions regarding Ukraine as part of a case involving two of his business associates, Ukraine-born Lev Parnas and Belarus-born Igor Fruman.

The two men, who helped Giuliani investigate former Democratic Vice President Joe Biden and his businessman son Hunter, were arrested on Thursday over what U.S. prosecutors called a scheme to illegally funnel money to a pro-Trump election committee and other political candidates.

Asked about the Times report, Giuliani told Reuters: “I never did any lobbying for anyone. If they want to ask me I’m happy to prove it. But they haven’t.”

A spokesman for the Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s Office declined to comment.

Trump sowed confusion about his relationship with Giuliani on Friday, responding to a question about whether he was still his personal attorney: “I don’t know.”

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch told a House of Representatives impeachment inquiry against Trump on Friday that the president ousted her based on “unfounded and false claims” after she came under attack by Giuliani.

The inquiry is focused on a July 25 phone call in which Trump pressed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to investigate the Bidens. Joe Biden is a leading rival seeking to face Trump in the 2020 presidential election.

Giuliani has accused Yovanovitch of blocking efforts to persuade Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.

luka

Obama Executed by Firing Squad at GTMO!
“McConnell states the two big issues are 9/11 and pedophilia. He says anybody who has trafficked children is going to be executed as well as anybody aware of the 9/11 treason and didn’t report it as required. ”

Where Is Obama? Obama Execution Theory Gains Credibility!! First Ever Execution Of A Cloned Hybrid Human!

Earth Alliance Source Says Obama Executed By Firing Squad September 29th 14:44:44 GMT... A Day Later, Mainstream Media Reports Obama Says "Shoot Me Now"!!
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 17:34

Supersoldier Claims George Bush Sr. Is Supersoldier Handler, Barry Obama Is an Active Cloned Supersoldier and Trump Is of God!

Beyonce (Cloned Queen Nefertiti) Orders Fans To Bow Down To Michelle Obama (Another Possible Egyptian Clone)!!

Leo

this is kind of clever...

Warren Buys Facebook Ads That Claim Zuckerberg Backs Trump

Elizabeth Warren is buying ads on Facebook that falsely claim Mark Zuckerberg has endorsed President Donald Trump -- a ploy used to showcase that ads posted by politicians need to be fact-checked.

The Democratic presidential candidate’s campaign sponsored the posts that were blasted into the feeds of U.S. users of the social network, pushing back against Facebook’s policy to exempt politicians’ ads from its third-party fact-checking program.

The ad begins with a lie: Facebook’s chief executive officer “just endorsed” Trump for re-election. It quickly backtracks to the truth.

“You’re probably shocked. And you might be thinking, ‘how could this possibly be true?” the ad said. “Well, it’s not.”

Facebook’s fact-checking policy allowed Trump’s team to share ads on the social network that allege former Vice President Joe Biden promised Ukraine $1 billion for firing a prosecutor. Biden’s campaign has dismissed Trump’s allegations as a smear.

“What Zuckerberg ‘has’ done is given Donald Trump free rein to lie on his platform -- and then to pay Facebook gobs of money to push out their lies to American voters,” Warren said in the ad.

Biden’s campaign has written to both Twitter and Facebook asking for the ads to be taken down, but the platforms refused, according to technology site The Verge. It quoted a Twitter spokesman as saying, “The ad you cited is not currently in violation of our policies.”

Facebook’s decision to allow Trump’s ad contrasts with CNN, which rejected a request by the president’s campaign to run what the network called two “demonstrably false” claims.

“If Senator Warren wants to say things she knows to be untrue, we believe Facebook should not be in the position of censoring that speech,” Andy Stone, a spokesman for Facebook, said in a statement to CNN on the ads.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ook-to-spread-lie-that-zuckerberg-backs-trump

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Obama Executed by Firing Squad at GTMO!
“McConnell states the two big issues are 9/11 and pedophilia. He says anybody who has trafficked children is going to be executed as well as anybody aware of the 9/11 treason and didn’t report it as required. ”

Where Is Obama? Obama Execution Theory Gains Credibility!! First Ever Execution Of A Cloned Hybrid Human!

Earth Alliance Source Says Obama Executed By Firing Squad September 29th 14:44:44 GMT... A Day Later, Mainstream Media Reports Obama Says "Shoot Me Now"!!
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 17:34

Supersoldier Claims George Bush Sr. Is Supersoldier Handler, Barry Obama Is an Active Cloned Supersoldier and Trump Is of God!

Beyonce (Cloned Queen Nefertiti) Orders Fans To Bow Down To Michelle Obama (Another Possible Egyptian Clone)!!

Some serious racial murkiness going on here.

Leo

written a couple of days after the phone call, trump probably feels this is cover. so embarrassing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It really seems as though Trump might just be in serious trouble this time. Although still I guess they would need to win Rep votes to actually kick him out. The evidence seems to be absolutely crystal clear that he did withhold funding until they agreed to investigate Biden so I don't know how the Reps would justify sticking up for him, they can't really claim that that doesn't matter, they can only insist that the witnesses are all lying. At the moment they are desperately trying to obstruct and attack the process by arguing about procedure and by - this is crazy - literally storming a closed investigation today.