Principe Discos/batida/tarraxinha

catalog

The tape is ok, was very disappointed on 1-5 listens but just now listened on the way home in the thumping rain and heavy traffic and it seemed to click more. Some grimey whooshy sounds which are nice.

They need to stop fannying around with all these loop experiments and get some nice vocals down

catalog

New stuff

Nice listen but i cant help feeling the moment for this music has passed a bit. Like its not moved on much, but good to see them still going and playing out a lot etc.

On their blog they have links for artwork and posters ahead of their music lol

https://principediscos.wordpress.com/posters/

I think marcio matos used to post on an old board that luka used to post on, ilm or ilxor or something. I found a conversation between them, where luka was explaining to him how grime works and the socio-economic issues involved. Not joking. Luka invented this music i suppose you could say.

luka

Oh yeah that is true. There were a lot of professional critics who wanted to milk me then. Who was another one? One that writes about techno a lot. Nice American man. Then there was sasha freer Jones who sent me some NY rap mix tapes. Luc Sante who sent me a couple of emails. Everyone wanted to know about grime that year. It was fun. I was the only person in the world they could ask.

luka

Id say I made grime. I'm not really made am I so don't see what grime would be taking credit for.

sadmanbarty

Luka invented this music i suppose you could say.

i credit corpsey for inventing afro swing because he extrapolated the whole genre from this one song, made a thread out of it and then about 6 months later people actually started making it.

sadmanbarty

annoyingly i actually invented uk drill in 2012 by making jungle with 808's at 140 bpm, but i thought it was a nerd thing and didn't unleash it on to the world. i could have been carns hill for fuck's sake.

luka

Where is Corpsey? Haven't seen him at all this year. I really miss him. Craner said version and Corpsey are 'the social lubricant'