Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

FYI: 85% of the time someone posts a tune without any accompanying words, I will not listen to it on general principle.

ur...not much to say about a choon called "work it to the bone", is there? ;)

but rules are rules, goddamnit! so guess i could say it's from the late 80s and just reissued, has a cool minimal/tribal chicago house groove, nice vocal sample, would get me moving on the dance floor, etc.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You see, even those words make me want to listen to it more! If only cos you've made the effort to write them.

forclosure

was trying to remember the name of this track for the last couple months, glad to find it

Vic Spencer & Chris Crack are both guys who've made stuff i've liked the last 2 years, i have no idea who the WHOevers are but they're good

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Max Biggavelz - Eye for an Eye

Music for the enlightened 21st century male, with a Biblical backbone and a beat that is what I want to feel like, when really I feel like a Coldplay B Side.

luka

if crowley tries to post some 500 word rant about how this is inadmissible for some weird convoluted reason to do with tumblr sites and 40 year olds in velour tracksuits and timbalands and the coke habit of a record exec ive never heard of im not gunna have it. if you hate this you hate life.

luka

also fascinated by the perfect symmetry of her head shape there. a rectangle with the corners rounded off. is that normal? like a beautiful aubergine in a mink coat.

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

lmao

To be honest, I'd been avoiding this record because I figured the hype was going to detract for me, and I hadn't loved her last album's big single that attracted the very vibes Luka expected me to ramble on.

This is just good. Also sounds nothing like what's going on with "THE KIDS" really so hey.

craner

Beast of Burden
8 for tomorrow...

The Bangles 'Manic Monday'

Guns N Roses 'Welcome to the Jungle'

Belinda Carlisle 'Leave a Light on for Me'

Dogs D'amour 'I Don't Want You to Go'

PiL 'Poptones' (live)

The Slits 'Typical Girls'

Sister Sledge 'Thinking of You'

Kashif 'Are You the Woman'

Sade 'Clean Heart'

luka

that slits song is fucking appalling comedy music but regents park always looks nice in the summer with the deckchairs out

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Craner is welcome to contribute to this thread, even if he posts a week's worth of CHOONS in a single info :poop:, but I'd appreciate some words of explanation to go with his selections. I know he has the words, is why.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

GORGOROTH - CARVING A GIANT

I reserve a special kind of respect for a full grown man who's willing to wear corpse paint and impractical nail bracelets and thoroughly knacker his vocal chords just to cheese off his probably long-dead parents and people like them. For that man is the very opposite of, say, Alan Shearer.

I want this performed at my funeral, with this exact same stage set up.

Benny Bunter

that slits song is fucking appalling comedy music but regents park always looks nice in the summer with the deckchairs out

Have to defend craner here, slits' cut is top 5 all time for me (though new town is probably my top pick). A perfect album.

Just
out of interest, is it the reggae appropriation that puts you off? I seem to remember you saying the specials were shit comedy music too on here once

Status
Not open for further replies.