Status
Not open for further replies.

catalog

Its used in the final part of the climbing doc that slothrop posted in the time capsules thread. What a tune. You have to listen to it all. I like everything about it. I remember listening to it on the bus to school.

version

I've a glass bowl I keep satsumas in that sounds exactly like the bell at the start of this if you clip it reaching for one,

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

this one just finished.

when i was at school there was a boy listening to giggs and saying it was the music he puts on when he goes out to do stabbings. this one's mine:

version

This came on after

There's a Vice article about a guy putting this on the jukebox over and over in some pub until everyone goes nuts and he gets thrown out. The thought of that opening chord and bassline coming on for the nth time and everyone groaning and swearing is absolutely brilliant.

:crylarf:

luka

The opening of it especially sounds like the theme music from some seedy '70s British sitcom with loads of racist jokes in it (Boys are back in town)

version

The opening of it especially sounds like the theme music from some seedy '70s British sitcom with loads of racist jokes in it (Boys are back in town)

I once saw an antisemitic meme where it had been changed to "the goys are back in town".

sadmanbarty

makes me want to stab myself.

the magical thing about the time barrier is it makes all the great music of the past sound shit and all the shit music of the past sound great.

so here i am a bloke in his twenties loving something like wham and absolutely perplexed by rakim from the same time. i'm sure i'm not alone.

it's not poptimist hipsterism. it's not contrarianism. it's a percular function of music that defines itself in relation to the cutting edge; it dates whereas rubbish ages like wine it's tackiness and ham-fisted sentimentality rendered nostalgic and wonderful by the sepia lens of time.

sadmanbarty

I once saw an antisemitic meme where it had been changed to "the goys are back in town".

you lark on darker parts of the internet than you let on. i'm sure of it.

not because you're sympathetic to racists, but you're The Archivist so it's your role amongst the galactic resistance

luka

you lark on darker parts of the internet than you let on. i'm sure of it.

not because you're sympathetic to racists, but you're The Archivist so it's your role amongst the galactic resistance

He has to travel every circuit, node to node across the data sprawl

Status
Not open for further replies.