Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

the surface conveys infinitely more meaning than whatever someone intends to express. art is far richer and far more potent than human cognition.

luka

It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible....”

I've written whole essays about Craner's obsession with surface. With the image.

luka

I've always regarded it as the fundamental difference between us. You could conceptualise it as an eye vs ear thing probably.

catalog

So you think art needs to be appreciated as a surface thing only? I mean, the things i like, i like the surface too, its more that i really like things when i can listen to them a lot and not get bored, and yes when the backstory is also good

craner

Beast of Burden
Yes, it depends, or to put it another way, there is a complex, intertwined relation between them. Effects and interpretations are key.

luka

Frank O Hara. Jam and Lewis. Kashif. Italian Vogue. Walter Pater. Yacht Rock. Guy Bourdin. Helmut Newton. Paris Hilton. Made In Chelsea. Vanity Fair. '40s Hollywood. Roxy Music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.