Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've been reading a lot of music criticism lately from or about the 60s/70s so I've ended up listening to a lot of geetar music.

The last few days I've been listening to Nick Drake a lot cos I read a long and confusing essay about him by Ian Macdonald. (It goes into all the symbolism in Drake's lyrics - it's all very dense and transcendental and unfortunately sometimes the essay reads like a school essay.)

Love the music, though — already did, but it's been nice to listen to a single album multiple times.

I don't really hear the alleged harrowing bleakness of Pink Moon, but I suspect that's cos I don't listen to the words. I just hear this bittersweet beautiful caressing guitar tone and nice whispery voice. This one is less obviously beautiful, more strange, circuitous - which is why its a standout for me.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I wonder if thirdform has got round to castrating Corpsey yet like he promised he would

I know this is nothing new but the juxtaposition of lullaby music with threats to shoot your friends would be outright bizarre if I wasn't so used to it by now.

craner

Beast of Burden
There used to be a guy in our school called Meurig, and he was the classic, handsome, plaster-brained everyman who always exists everywhere, never the school bully but always on good terms with the bullies, never bullied but an object of fun for all of those in the school with more than half a brain. (And, of course, a hit with girls from early on.)

One of the things we would do with him periodically, just to check the Universe was still in order, was ask him, "Who's your favourite member of Eternal, Meurig?"

Every time, without fail, and with no sense of self-irony or awareness (or malice), never remembering that we'd asked him before, he'd reply, "the white one."

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

An audacious post R-Kelly RNB masterpiece. (And without the guilt that comes with listening to R Kelly.)

Gives you the biggest blue balls for a beat ever and then only lets the (amazing) drums roll for about 20 seconds.

The Dream should write an RNB musical FFS.

catalog

did he do that tune 'fuck your brains out' a few years ago? it was a double a side with another really good one. I think he has been done for something hasn't he? not quite r kelly proportions obvs.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
:(

"Nash was arrested in June 2013 in Newport Beach, California for an alleged domestic violence incident, but his girlfriend Lydia Nam declined to press charges.[53]

Nash was arrested on May 7, 2014 on charges of felony assault and strangulation, reckless endangerment and child endangerment against his then-pregnant girlfriend Lydia Nam for his alleged actions on April 4, 2013 while they were staying at the Plaza Hotel in New York.[53][54][55] Nash was cleared of charges, including felony assault and strangulation, at a brief appearance in Manhattan Criminal Court.[56]"

Still

Status
Not open for further replies.