Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

Its the worst part of London (not including west London which doesn't count because it's not London) Two of our most prominent alt right posters call it home.

craner

Beast of Burden
It was impossible to get anywhere quickly from there. It was like Norwich in that regard. You desperately wanted to escape, but it was a slog in every direction. Suffocating.

luka

That's why they all stay and play touch rugby on the common with their blonde girlfriends and go couple-jogging in Price Waterhouse Cooper sponsored fun run race t-shirts. Or sip Venti vanilla lattes while wearing a gilet.

craner

Beast of Burden
I can listen to that kind of Hed Kandi house now, though. It doesn't make me feel ill. It sounds better now than it did then.

luka

One of the best tunes of all time. I wouldn't usually listen to it before lunch though, any more than I'd eat a packet of crisps for breakfast

craner

Beast of Burden
An explanation please

I brought a cassette walkman a few weeks ago and I've been listening to all my old pirate radio tapes. This was on a 1995 recording of a show on London Underground 89.4 FM which was all house and garage dubs: in effect, a proto-speed garage selection although I didn't know that is what it was at the time.

This track is the one I remember really liking back then. I had no idea what it was, but it has the same vocal sample as 'Active-8' which, of course, is from 'Don't Make Me Wait' by the Peech Boys. So I went onto Who Sampled this afternoon, rifled through the most likely of the 97 tracks to sample Peech Boys, until I found it. It's slower here than it was on the pirate show, but still lovely.

Last edited:

sufi

lala
تيم الصواريخ - Team El Swarekh
that means team rocket like on pokemon, except rocket means spliff in street slang

Status
Not open for further replies.