Status
Not open for further replies.

catalog

You just wanna be careful with it and make sure you suggest some good alternatives. You can't just say music's cancelled that's the wrong way

luka

You just wanna be careful with it and make sure you suggest some good alternatives. You can't just say music's cancelled that's the wrong way

yeah i know. its difficult though when you have a character flaw. you cant just make it disappear by wishing.

linebaugh

Bodega's "youth music"? The singer looks about 35.
thats a pretty interesting phenomenon with youth music. Some of these guys are forced to cosplay as teens because when they hit it big the image they were pushing 10 years ago is now their meal ticket. I remember awhile back I was looking into the vaguley emo, nu metal esque bands popular in 2005-2010 (3 days grace and etc.) and all of those guys had formed in high school but didnt reach label pushed, stadium rock status until years later. Thats how you get slightly overweight men in mascara hiding their balding crest with a mohawk.

muser

i just saw this on my feed, I can imagine this guy in some bar chatting up birds telling them hes called Winston Surfshirt and carefully explaining why hes a big deal.

sus

Stick to your guns spenry, I professed a liking for the stone roses and luka mercilessly bullied me but it made me appreciate some whiney trap.

If I say I kinda like spenry will that prevent its use around here

You are quite a nasty bully but you're right in your own way it's probably character forming especially for Americans who should be able to take it

Americans are actually quite nice people. In college for some reason, wealthy British girls found the image of a working class American boy really compelling, but they were also some of the meanest girls I ever dated!

catalog

i did used to like weezer, i can't lie. i bought the album. undone, the sweater song. put it on in the car recently, wife wouldn't have it

linebaugh

I also cant approach this stuff objectively, to be fair. After spending grade school almost incapable of connecting with anything that wasn't angst indulging rock music I now abreact like a nervous twitch. I can try an intellectualize it- the musics got no goal but to short cut itself to some cheap emotional resonance- but who knows

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
tell me this isn't great
I mean no, it's boring, generic trash, at very best a pale reflection of a pale reflection of something people were doing infinitely better 50 years ago

but keep sticking your guns. if you're into it, great.

telling luke and his sidekicks to fuck right off when they're like this is always a sound policy

Status
Not open for further replies.