Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

your entire aesthetics is bound up with inverted snobbery. as me and third have said many times it is the defacto position of all dissensus. that's a good thing not a bad thing. also it was hilarious watching him chase you round the room last night!

luka

what made Reynolds, and Reynolds is our patron saint, what made him and gave him his reputation, was an inverted snobbery transvaluation.
hardcore is the best, he even calls it 'ardcore.

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't have this attitude to music at all. I don't choose music to listen to to stake out a position. I'm not a music journalist, or in a scene, or a hipster.

luka

you might have thought it was just a series of grunts and snorts and belches but it formed a coherent sentence in a human language.
'i just like it' is not an excuse just as ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. Guilty As Charged! take him away!

craner

Beast of Burden
it still signifies even if you weren't consciously intending to signify.

Well, that's not my problem. That doesn't alter the fact that I liked this music because I liked it, not to stake out a position to annoy Dave Clarke fans (none of whom I knew)!

Last edited:

luka

'liked it becasue i liked it' is not adequate. dissensus won't allow it. too incurious. not philosophically viable. the boys reject it.

craner

Beast of Burden
Craner! stop being so defensive! why is this so important to you?

Because it's so weird. Somebody telling you why you like music, and worse, telling you you don't really like the music you like. And doing so based on a internet caricature. It's offensive and oppressive.

luka

it's not. strictly speaking it's hilarious. if it wasn't thirdform doing it, maybe it might be offensive and oppressive. when its him chasing you round the settee it's really funny. like a manic cartoon.

craner

Beast of Burden
'liked it becasue i liked it' is not adequate. dissensus won't allow it. too incurious. not philosophically viable. the boys reject it.

I know, but that's why I never got involved in music threads. I don't have a theoretical stake. My approach to music was simple and dumb: pleasure, freedom, personal meaning. It doesn't stand up to debate. I don't choose records to hold a position.

luka

why we like is a very interesting question. it always does involve pitting ourselves against and aligning ourselves with other people/values

Status
Not open for further replies.