Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I've been singing this all week. Luka reckons 'Too Young To Die' is the Quai's finest moment, and I might agree, only that 'Too Young To Die' is perhaps too in thrall to the Quai's trad influences, whereas 'Cosmic Girl' is the sound of them embracing the modern, steel-riveted, leather-upholstered, machine-engineered 21st century discofunk they were born to perfect, all while singing about fucking an alien.

So this might be their biggest choon in my opinion, which is more educated than all but pattycakes's on here.

'Sends me into hyperspace when I see that pretty face' is perhaps the most catchy refrain since Jacko's 'Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa'

great tune from back when 1999 seemed so futuristic

"She said: 'Step in my transporter, so I can teleport ya, all around my heavenly body...'
Oh, this could be a close encounter - I should take care not to flounder."

My favorite line in a song ever.
SOMEBODY HEAL THAT BASSIST HE SICK

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Again, I wonder why Daft Punk got their balls licked for 'Get Lucky' when Jamiroquai had already perfected 21st century disco back in 1996

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Are you going to pretend that Roxy Music are better than Jamiroquai now?

With his stupid novelty bow tie singing :mad:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Here's the pitch:

Craner's Facist 50

An exploration of Facism through popular/unpopular music.

Inspired by a) your use of the phrase 'yacht-facism' to describe novelty bow-tie bri's solo music b) your long germinating fascism essay c) our desperate need for more cranerprose.

sadmanbarty

speaking of fascism, this is a masterful performance. a virtuoso balancing act of vulnerability and authoritarianism. allowing people to be intimate, while still retaining command.

Status
Not open for further replies.