Status
Not open for further replies.

craner

Beast of Burden
wu tang also works within a certain late-90's ugliness that can be found in the matrix clothing and the video to prodigy's breathe.

david fincher aesthetics but redeemed with a light afro-futurist tinge.

The Wu Tang Forever thing has been my party trick for 20 years, you didn't invent it.

sadmanbarty

i had no idea. that's wicked.

i was all proud of it too, because i'd think to myself "that's one of those clever off-kilter opinions like craner would have"

sadmanbarty

my dads favourite song

this is my favourite shania twain. i like it that she forgoes a bloke with money and instead opts for a bloke who's a great shag. its nice to see a woman with proper morals.

not sure about the rocket scientist bit though, not heard many woman lose their minds over science nerds (on the other hand they are keen to have an orgasm with mr tea).

luka

There's a particularly Jamacian thing though. I often think of it as hollowness, that you get with Mavado, and another example would be Winston Rodney. I don't think you get that particular register in the American soul tradition at all.

sadmanbarty

i've said (rather cleverly in my opinion) before that lil baby reminds me of tracy chapman.

but listening back now he sounds like proper hick redneck. sounds like some one toothed bloke trying to get a lynching going.

sadmanbarty

my mum has this story from when she was living in squats in the 80's and there was this bloke beating up his girlfriend. my mum organised all the women from the squat and they all had rolling pins and knives and all that and they all knocked on the door and the bloke answered. she claims he left that night and he never came back.

she tells that story with such joy. vigilantism is really appealing. its why we all love clint eastwood and batman.

this is the soundtrack to joyous, righteous violence.

sadmanbarty

soul music. ain't no mountain high enough. stand by me. moving on up. i want to take you higher.

once it gets going its one of daltry's best vocal performances. that james brown screech.

version

Impossible for me to hear this and not think of a strung-out Wahlberg jumping at fireworks and Alfred Molina staggering around in his dressing gown.

sadmanbarty

3am on your mates sofa. you're still, spent and speechless. hushed amber light cradles you. weed smoke caresses you. bass cocoons you. and from the ether an asiatic wail calls to you. you drop your head back, close your eyes and let it baptise you. exquisite bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.