Status
Not open for further replies.

entertainment

the sound of economic and spiritual expansion. this is the music we would listen to were it not for our perpetual bellyache about the world

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

(This almost sounds like Chuck D)
"AND YOU KNOW I HAD TO GAT YA!"
(Beat drops)
(HELIUM TIME)
"TIME FOR SOME ACTION!"

Not sure if it's cos Redman sampled it but that bit is a little slice of perfection to my ears.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I can see what you are trying to do by championing all this new American music. Who knows, it could kick start something here like it has done generations ago. But I'm not sure this time.

This is why I started that other thread.

America is the spring.

Leo

hard to believe there was a time when this made it to #4 on the charts, did the average person realize the darkness beneath the glossy synth pop?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
hard to believe there was a time when this made it to #4 on the charts, did the average person realize the darkness beneath the glossy synth pop?

while the us had dynasty and dallas, britain had eastenders and brookside. jaunty despair is standard.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i was actually going to mention the psbs, surprised to see they had 5 billboard top ten hits

that soft cell is a tune tho. got me listening to the other stuff off non-stop erotic cabaret this afternoon

the ig

love psb too but find them much more chart-y and polished

soft cell is tin-pot synthpop, plinky, terse, tawdry

great very gnomic songwriting, presenting you straight off with a biting critique of everything they simultaneously revel in and celebrate

a fav deep cut, bit ott grand-guignol despair but think of it as a sort of unlikely collision b/w hi-nrg disco and jaques brel which is...cool

Leo

also, it was the short (3:30) version that made it to #4 in the charts, not this extended version.

Status
Not open for further replies.