Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

I like how it's got a 45 year old Russian woman in the video who's just secured a lucrative divorce settlement from some Would be oligarch or other...

sadmanbarty

What's wrong with the instrumental?

you know if you ever even hint something that might connote latin america luke goes into a furious tirade about his latin neighbours playing there horrible latin music all the time?

the instrumental's what i imagine there music sounding like.

luka

They've moved out over a year ago now my Kurdish barbers is the only time I hear Latin American contemporary pop. It's all they listen to.

sadmanbarty

the 2nd most beautiful song ever made after drake's 'hold on we're going home'

that era was the last time rnb was a real cultural force rather than a hipster hologram.

when i was little rnb was everything. it was the only music in the world till about 2008.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Thanks to Barty for alerting me to the existence of this in his Atlanta thread.

Absolutely love it - it hits all my pleasure centres at once, the overwhelming joyousness and self-mythologising. The embrace of the big chorus, the exquisite tension of the guitar in the pre-chorus, the cartoonishly exuberant youthfulness of it all. And the gestation of Young Thug. It's hard to ask for more from a pop song.*

* even touching the zeitgeist this week: Hey catch me at the Lakers game in the S6/ I tapped Kobe on the shoulder told him "Nice shit!"

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
the europa topic made me think of 80's german gothic and new wave music. this is one of my favourites. it's so ice-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.