Status
Not open for further replies.

sadmanbarty

The video opens with someone getting a call from ‘oliver’. Given the luxury extravagance and assortment of beautiful women I’d like to believe Oliver is Oliver Cramer.

luka

Shiels was pretending not to like it last night. Attention seeking behaviour like when version was pretending to find slick rick 'wooden'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I guess it's one of those ones that if you don't like it would drive you absolutely nuts cos its essentially a loop. So it's what you don't like, again and again and again and again.

And if you love it, that's the whole point. Again and again and again please.

version

Such a tune that -- funny when people get wrong footed by the intro and think it's either Supersonic or Live Forever. Probably better than both of them.

luka

My mate who's doing a long bid in prison was so into Skyrim it was obsessive and it always upset me he didn't have Skyrim in there but now he's got his hands on it and I feel much better knowing he can roam free in those mountains

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Life is simpler there, with infinite respawns.

Btw, I didn't catch it at the time cos I'd not read Earthsea but is that school for mages a sort of tribute to it?

mvuent

Void Dweller
the harlquinn

the visuals are important here. this is the memetic version of elvis, the one that's sold on tshirts across the world. the colors are more reminiscent of an old hand drawn poster than reality. it's as though an image tucked away in the corner of a bar in anywheresville, america has come to life, harry potter style.

the hairstyle and eye shadow, etc. remind me of the androgynous attractiveness of Desire in the sandman. at times i find it hard not to retroactively see the mannerisms of jim carey characters in elvis' facial expressions and movements. (probably they looked funny and unnatural to begin with--that was part of the magic.) this strange combination of associations furthers the sense that you're not looking at a regular human, but some other entity.

oh yeah and there's music too. this is what pop music could sound like when the majority of people in the US were just a generation or two removed from being hillbillies. now it's archaic, almost out of sync with the image of its performer. but really good and rollicking. a voice that has an undulating quality--the smooth, cartoony downward swoop of "you can do anything but stay off of my blue suede shoes".

bonus beats:

fragmented and transformed into a thousand new forms, all released in a single three minute explosion. roaring mechanical beasts to squealing cartoon chipmunks. sensory overload. at 1:16 elvis proper appears as a gibbering, statanic fool. hilarious and terrifying, but mostly the former. better than the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.