Good music Dissensians haven't heard

luka

Who are youThe Ig? I know you're in your 50s cos you remind me of my record collector mates in their 50s.
You're great. Can you stick around please?

the ig

no i'm younger bruv, fairly tragically, 40s...

i like rummaging around into all seemingly moldering things for fresh feels tho..

& v much grew up on 60s music, all dem west coast bands and britfolk revival stuff

dance-wise i do all yr london-nuum stuff to a degree, but im really more yankee-nuum-y (disco-house-techno) gotta admit

all best, and thanks!

Last edited:

luka

Definitely a northern thing

Line dancing was big where I grew up too.

Northeners feel more affinity with small-town America than they do with london. London is still stuck in the Victorian era. Dank little pubs and cobbled streets. The north is all strip malls and multiplex cinemas and massive buckets of chicken. It has embraced the American future
i actually think this is what explains the long term version limburger bromance

IdleRich

IdleRich
Northerners love Elvis Presely don't they? Why is that?
You could make some sort of thing out of the facts that a) Elvis is the ultimate supper club singer, a kind of hyper-working men's club style cabaret act and b) working men's clubs are mainly popular up north

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You could make some sort of thing out of the facts that a) Elvis is the ultimate supper club singer, a kind of hyper-working men's club style cabaret act and b) working men's clubs are mainly popular up north

There are turkish working mens clubs in bethnal green but definitely not Elvis.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There are turkish working mens clubs in bethnal green but definitely not Elvis.
I think there are working men's club all round the country but I get the impression they are bigger up north.
Some guys I sort of know put this together and I think it mainly leans on northern stuff...