AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

AIN'T NOBODY VERSUS I FEEL FUR YOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Hard to extricate it from the production, which is also very catchy - or perhaps is the catchy element.

luka

On the other hand, this is only a distraction from the brutal war of attrition going on about I FEEL FUR YOU and ain't nobody.

If we can find another two songs to pit against each other I'm fascinated to see if the two camps will be replicated or if new alliances will be formed

luka

It's not catchy Corpsey you weirdo. It's a pair of your mums old knickers with the elastic gone.

sadmanbarty

It's like a black comedian doing an especially cruel and unfair impersonation of a white musician trying to copy black music.

where sheeran goes wrong is he doesn't try to be black. he does black stuff- rapping, the supply teacher dancehall of 'shape of you'- but doesn't actually feign blackness. a fatal flaw.

sadmanbarty

robert plant singing "sugar" is the best thing ever. or jimmy summerville being donna summer. or mic jagger singing "you kaint olways get what yo won't".

sheeran doesn't do that. doesn't fit into that lineage.

craner

Beast of Burden
It keeps getting played on Absolute 80s when I'm chopping the onions and it does my head in every time.

luka

gayness is the white man's back door (if you'll excuse the pun) into blackness. ed sheeran is full on straight.

I've got a lot of time for desperately disadvantaged white Londoners making rap music. People whose lives have been horrible. In and out of prison. Friends and family murdered. I think they're often really good at it. I don't think America produces these people probably because it's too racially segregated.

sadmanbarty

I've got a lot of time for desperately disadvantaged white Londoners making rap music. People whose lives have been horrible. In and out of prison. Friends and family murdered. I think they're often really good at it. I don't think America produces these people probably because it's too racially segregated.

i'm not opposed to it on principal, but can't actually think of the good white rappers.

mighty mo and the guy off original nuttah are wicked, so i'm not exclusionary.