Youtube comments

sadmanbarty

De colonialist well work on us boy. How can Africans steal their own music and how can caribbean people steal their own music? We are all one people, Africans. I'm from the caribbean and it's amazing to see that our ancesters were able to pass down their culture to us under the most trying circumstances and Africans on the continent were able to hold on to their culture through the numerous attacks by the Europeans to decimate our culture and spread theirs. Let's stop giving them the power to continue to seperate us. If we think deep enough we should all realize that a conscious effort has been made to seperate Africans around the world because they know there is power in unity. If we look at the Jewish people it doesn't matter where they are found in the world they call themselves Jewish and will do any and everything possible to make sure the state of Isreal succeeds. We as Africans around the world need to take this approach. Stop giving other people the power to separate us and work for the progress of Africans world wide. Be happy that our African culture is dominating world over. Let us not forget that there was a time that we were considered nobody's and that nothing worthwhile could come out of mother Africa. Well we are all proving together that this couldn't be further from the truth. Let us embrace each other for we are all one people stemming from the same root, Africa. It's all about reeducation ourselves. It's happening slowly but surely so let's not lose patience with each other.

Caribbean and African cultures ao similar. I'm Nigerian and I have a close friend from Trini and we have so much in common. And I can't wait to go to a Caribbean Carnival.

I always shake my Jamaican bumbum to this song :)

This is afrobeats and has 0 Caribbean influence

Trinidad cant get enough!!!!!!!!! LOVE UUUUU TIMAYA

big up to all african youtubers out there who got this Jamaican gyal inlove with Afo-beats

i am a trinidadian lady and i love music i dont give a shit whos trying to claim it. we do have similar cultures, even foods, and dance movements, it doesnt matter who conquered who we are all here and diverse now. lets celebrate the opportunity for variety!

I swore this was a Trini song man. Shoot , big shout-out to Nigeria from The Caribbean.

love from St. Lucia, Caribbean! African music is the bomb!

Nigerian music been hitting international by storm.its like a bubble burst.Africa the sleeping giant has woken up.

jamaica's soft power identity crisis as africa supercedes its geo-cultural positioning. jamaica has taken over the world (the obligatory davido feature on every rap album in the past 3 years, afroswing, tropical house marimbas), including jamaica itslef:

mvuent

Void Dweller

beaconmike
8 years ago
When this song hit the FM airwaves, it was like a bomb hit. It was unlike anything any of us had heard before. This is in the mid-60's and things yes, they were a changing. This song had a cult following, and you could not find the album to purchase anywhere. This was THE song that made the airwaves and when they played it on FM radio at night, people would just sit for 19:00 minutes in awe at what they were hearing. This was one of the iconic songs for our generation.

droid

StrangerToEarth
3 years ago

Having grown up in the cult, I have so many reasons to hate this video. But I can't help getting stupidly nostalgic. I grew up on this, I still know all the songs by heart, every time someone jumps or makes a ridiculously excited expression it triggers a flood of memories of being little and loving the Family with every bit of my brainwashed little heart. for fuck's sake, a part of me still wants to be able to zap endtime soldiers in gas mask/bee head helmets and climb up mountains to hide away and eat rations ans sleep in sleeping bags and wear green spandex with socks until Jesus returns. I want this unbearable excitement, this overwhelming joy and love that we were supposed to believe in BACK, I really fucking do. I want David berg to not have been a monster, and for it all to have not been a lie so big, so personal, so strong that it managed to create a whole WORLD with thousands of people, with their own rituals, language, beliefs, history. a world that was everything to us, until it wasn't.

And weirdly, a world that seemed much bigger, richer, than the real world.

Fucked up, right. But it's like your gross little brother you hate. you're embarrassed of him, you make fun of him and ignore him..But if anyone makes fun of him you get protective.

The family is my gross little brother. And once, it wasn't all that gross.

Attempt at self cathartic existential SOS over. it's time that we confess!!

R-E-A-L-I-T-Y...can't live without you.

sadmanbarty

BlessydGazaDiva
3 months ago
This song describes every details of many relationships. There is no words left in the Dictionary to describe this embodiment of talent, wrapped and arrayed in Flesh called Vybz Kartel

amenamegaza kinville
3 months ago (edited)
I saw my sister crying when she heard this song me g I can’t find words to explain the way how u bad teacher Jah knw 😌😌 #gazanation 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥. U seh u a drop this Friday but ppl couldn’t even wait cause me hear the preview a play a street already

Lorenzo Lovelane
3 months ago (edited)
Mi naa comment fi get nuh like bredda!! But big mon thing dawg a song yah deep like the middle a the ocean , is like the Man a sing about my life to how much mi can relate to this song..dawg day in day out this man has proven his self as the greatest thing dancehall have ever seen , but yet still some under privilege queer always a try size up the Mon with some limited mine space artist kmft....

Sauced Up
2 months ago
When I listen to this song I think about you and the volatility you brought in our relationship however I want to thank you for showing me what the signs are and that I deserve more/better. Now I can love again and in peace.

Gavin Musah
3 months ago
Enjoy this era of Vybz kartel n be proud before it's too late. Cos I believe we will never witness such talent again in this life. He is a gift from God just like Michael Jackson

Just For Laugh Gags
Just For Laugh Gags
3 months ago
Kartel brain coming like a Google him have every bloodclaat answer fi u question.. Brain have 9999 billion terabytes

droid

Enthios
2 months ago

I found a stray cat the other day. It had been hit by a car sometime before I'd gotten there and left in front of a gas station's door, swaddled in blankets by some passing soul. I went home, got a box and towels, and drove it to the local 24/7 pet hospital. I couldn't afford to take care of it but they would have taken the poor thing off my hands as best they could.

Trying to think of the most soothing music possible I decided to play this on repeat as I made the long drive and I kept telling the kitty how brave it was, how it wouldn't be hurting soon, how pretty it was.

When I got there I found out that it had passed away sometime on the drive over there. It had no microchip and it was a youngster. It was a boy. I named him and got a pawprint of him that I will soon frame. It's a small thing; a small cat in a small corner of the world that probably never had a human to love or a positive interaction in its life, but that experience has been haunting me for the last few days and I keep coming back to this song thinking of it.

I named him Victory there at the end. I hope I can see you again one day, brave boy.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Doesn't belong here, strictly speaking, but under a Kobe Bryant video today. Like some sort of inspirational Instagram AI:

johnstjohn1987
1 hour ago
Time heals all wounds. Death comes for us all. It's the Circle of life. Live each day like no tomorrow. Don't take anything for granted. Remember the good times and don't forget the bad for they make us stronger.

Cherish what you have. Fight for what you got. Dream for the future and live in the moment.

Losing someone you were a fan of, grew up watching, or just appreciating the Greatness is never easy.

One day at a time we all move on. We move forward in life.

If yesterday's tragedy taught us anything its that life is short. Cherish every day.

We only live once.

Heroes get remembered....but Legends never die.

version

Doesn't belong here, strictly speaking, but under a Kobe Bryant video today. Like some sort of inspirational Instagram AI:

johnstjohn1987
1 hour ago
Time heals all wounds. Death comes for us all. It's the Circle of life. Live each day like no tomorrow. Don't take anything for granted. Remember the good times and don't forget the bad for they make us stronger.

Cherish what you have. Fight for what you got. Dream for the future and live in the moment.

Losing someone you were a fan of, grew up watching, or just appreciating the Greatness is never easy.

One day at a time we all move on. We move forward in life.

If yesterday's tragedy taught us anything its that life is short. Cherish every day.

We only live once.

Heroes get remembered....but Legends never die.

Brilliant stuff. Like one of luka's poems.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Also seems to suggest that 'It's the circle of life' has just joined 'Time heals all wounds' in the store of common wisdom.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Funny how a comment like that can overlay the music, like an emotional Instagram filter, and make it more touching.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Adramalech
1 year ago (edited)
Funny as fuuuuuck. I used to have a dwarf friend, he was a neo-nazi and I was an anarcho-communist, he used to get angry and tried to climb over the table to make a point. Old good times.

Frank Quither
1 year ago
I often think of this as the soundtrack to Michael Gove.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Nicole Robinson
9 months ago
Divorced my ex husband , going back to school to get my degree , and back in church , and have a new job full of benefits . I'm doing oh so good over here 2019

Charlie's 2nd Angel
To all my haters....went from single parent in 2016 was pregnant with my 4th child. August 23rd passed my GED testing 2016. December 2016 got accepted into nursing school, got married. 2018. Last day of nursing school March 23, 2018. I'm doing so GOOD😁😁😁😀😀😀☺

Shatya Boyd
1 year ago
People want you to do so bad baldy. But Jesus has me covered in his blood I'm sooooo GOOD!!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I like how YT comments can give you an insight into a record's place in the world...

Apparently this was huge in Newark, NJ and was played at all the cookouts.

Shantae Lawrence
2 years ago
Newark NJ is my home .... and yessssss this is definitely the cook out joint ......partying for ever off this track

Brianna Vasquez
10 months ago
Im from newark and this is my great-grandma Georgia Washington fav song but she passed March.7 2019 #RIPGREAT-GRAMS🙏👼

Darrius Falana
3 years ago
I'm from Newark 21 years old and I grew up on songs like this blasting . & a cookout wasn't a cookout until you played these clubs joints ...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
As observed earlier in the thread, YT comments are notorious for being depressing missives from the cesspit but under music videos they're often like balm for the soul. :love::love::love::love:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Lots more Newark/NJ cookout comments under this

Shante GilchristShante Gilchrist
RIP to my auntie Gwen this was her favorite song