forclosure

He can rap but like its not just triplets on triplets, that Whoop mixtape he put out a while back is just heater after heater

luka

I mostly just root about every now and then to see what's new how people are rapping, what trends have taken hold

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I skimmed it yesterday. As a snap judgement, it reminded me of how on Moment of Truth Guru often isn't that great and Premier is almost constantly amazing, and this is like that except Premier is also often not great.

The one bit I listened to and thought that's sick is Royce da 5 9 has a verse.

On the plus side it has made me listen to old gang starr choons

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Dodgy stuff from Guru though, on occasion (I mean musically dodgy)

"a lot of ladies out there be looking lovely
But they don't got no control of their life, inside they're ugly"

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I first heard you know my steez on Westwood. I can barely remember the experience but it must have been revelatory enough to buy the CD.

Golden age, that, fumbling my way into rap from my village bedroom. New York impossibly romantic

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

2nd best rapper after DaBaby

"She tried to give me head it was BORINNNNG
I wonder if she'd have slept with the poor me?"

forclosure

i didnt bring it up cause i was on sabbatical but while back i checked out that Rich Kidz "A West Side Story" mixtape from 2013 its a good tape but like i feel like if like alot of people wasnt exausted with all things Atlanta at this point i wouldve liked it more maybe in the future

Whats funny is like listening to it (and i think this is what kinda spoiled the experience for me) was i could hear practically everything since it even including some of the soundcloud brehs that took what that tape did and twisted n mangled it in all the ways since then.

Its funny cause im not exactly the pop guy and yet i liked this and recognized all this yet i feel like if i played Barty this he"d probably take issue that there arent enough multis and adlibs on it or something

luka

Can't believe you don't remember the big argument between Crowley and Barty about this stuff

luka

At the end of it Corpsey posted this basketball player "it's over" gif to indicate that Crowley had destroyed Barty. Bartys never forgiven him for that. Said it still rankles whenever he thinks about it. "That fucking game over gif"