Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: CRANK NUTRITION.

I'm not cutting edge no. I was raised vegetarian and never changed. Haven't made any sacrifices. I don't worry much about what I eat. I eat the things I enjoy.

I think there's also the issue of libidinal energy which is affected In various ways by the maintaining or breaking of taboos and of good or bad conscience quite apart from any available nutritional energy inherent in the food itself.

I was a fish eater for a bit then had a vegetarian girlfriend who kind of made me go full veg. I ended up cheating and eating meat behind her back - it was glorious. I remember we were watching some talking heads show (Grumpy Old Men, I think), and Jeremy Hardy was explaining how he had basically done the same thing - sneaking off to eat KFC and my girlfriend pouting and saying how disgusting it was. Still, he died of cancer at 57 so she had the last laugh I guess.

A lot of people who are brought up vegetarian 'rebel', but I think there probably is something in the idea that not rebelling and just accepting the chips you were dealt is probably the more rebellious thing. I had a Hindu work friend who was brought up vegan and it just never really occurred to him to deviate - I remember explaining egg mayonnaise to him and him thinking 'egg on egg' just sounded weird.

Cranks vs Cranks!

Last edited by comelately; 05-10-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Yes, well that's all tied in with tricky relationship issues, the need to retain a sense of autonomy etc. Naughtiness, which is something which becomes necessary when you can't exercise your own volition.

It's never ideal but sometimes it's the best option. It becomes incredibly difficult to say if we are being naughty because we take pleasure in the vice or whether it is to do with this assertion of the self, that we are free to do what has been forbidden.

What does your mother-partner-nanny state forbid you? Drink, drugs, meat, other women, illiberal attitudes? This stuff plays into the revival of the alt right and their sense of having been emasculated.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Garlic tea.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It's easy to say all this is stupid, snake oil, unscrupulous, and of course it is, but it's also intriguing how so many people on so many different, wildly different, diets, achieve results of some kind or other, and are happy, at least initially, with those results. Diets as diametrically opposed as all beef and raw food vegan, from constant calorific surplus to fasting.

I think there is another mechanism at work here, one in which food and nutrients are less important than disruption and sacrifice.
    There's a YouTube channel which seems to consist of a dude going round finding ripped middle aged people and asking them how they stay in shape.

If Lee Perry spent his time in the gym instead of the studio.