version

Bit more than that actually. You can get them on their own for eight to twelve quid each or the two of them in a single volume for nearly twenty. I'll probably just get Lud Heat for eight and see how I go with it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
There's a good subreddit called menwritingwomen which is full of stuff like that Moore/Lovecraft bit. Mostly by Stephen King.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Is Watchmen actually good? I read about twenty pages of it and lost interest, but that isn't saying much with my attention span.

I read V for Vendetta the whole way through and I can't remember what happens in it. I remember a bit where a priest is about to rape a schoolgirl. There's a rape in the League of Extraordinary Gentleman, too - actually more than one. I liked the League of... The most I think.

I was going to credit Moore with the V for Vendetta mask but of course that's the artist wot came up with that.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think Moore could be defended on the grounds that he's satirising or subverting genre fiction which is often about sex and violence in a less "challenging" way.

Otoh look at that big beard, massive perv, give that man an ankle tag.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
So many male writers seem to think women stand around admiring their own breasts all day.

Yeah it's all about nipples so hard they could cut rock.

Seem to remember GRRM writes cringingly about women too.

Persistent feature of trash fiction, or also a feature of highbrows?

catalog

Is Watchmen actually good? I read about twenty pages of it and lost interest, but that isn't saying much with my attention span.

I read V for Vendetta the whole way through and I can't remember what happens in it. I remember a bit where a priest is about to rape a schoolgirl. There's a rape in the League of Extraordinary Gentleman, too - actually more than one. I liked the League of... The most I think.

I was going to credit Moore with the V for Vendetta mask but of course that's the artist wot came up with that.

Watchmen is good, but what I've found with Moore is that very little stands up to a second read. It's all very intricate, so it's tedious on round 2.

His interviews are a lot better imo.

woops

is not like other people
3500.jpg

luka

It's a good prop to look at when you want to think about the specific ways marvel films look so rubbish.

catalog

That eternals film is directed by the same woman who directed nomadland which I saw the other day and is really good.