Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Influence & Expansion

Of course the likes of John Bolton, Mike Pompeo, and Trump are exactly preparing the psychological ground for expansion of the war against China beyond trade. One does not have to look hard to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Of course the likes of John Bolton, Mike Pompeo, and Trump are exactly preparing the psychological ground for expansion of the war against China beyond trade. One does not have to look hard to notice.
    You really are quite mad, aren't you?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Clever of John Bolton to co-opt Amnesty International. I wonder how he managed that?

Actually this thread has been quite useful because it's finally prompted you to really cut loose and show your true colours. After a good decade of screaming at many people here for their "Islamophobia", sympathetic posts about Islamist terrorism and so on, it's now clear that you don't give and never have given a shit about Muslims in Palestine, Iraq or anywhere else. The main thing for you was always your own Oedipal rage against "the West".
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Zhao and Tea. it's like a classic rock radio station, replaying the hits from the past. you know ahead of time pretty much exactly what yr gonna get.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Zhao and Tea. it's like a classic rock radio station, replaying the hits from the past. you know ahead of time pretty much exactly what yr gonna get.
    Oh I dunno, Leo. This is zhao on his comeback tour, he's the only original member still left in the band and is trying out some risky new material!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Leo

I bring facts, backed by sources, many of which Western and liberal, on the topic of Xin Jiang.

Others immediately make empty statements and launch into ad hominem.

The state department is actively using disinformation to turn Western liberals and left against China for good reasons: part of the campaign to prepare for war beyond trade. If the anti-war liberals and left are against China, so much easier to push through the war agenda.

Same thing with Russophobia, and especially in Britain. Here is me dismantling some very popular liberal demonisation talking points which an English friend of mine was just spewing:

1. The extreme inequality in Russia is entirely or almost entirely due to the neo-liberal privatisation of national industries, factories sold for pennies, during the collapse. Putin came to power after this process had unfolded.

2. "The richest man on Earth" is exactly what people also said about Castro, and a number of figures that Western capitalists want to demonise. To date no evidence to back up these claims exist, of either men.

3. The homophobia, sexism, and rampant regression in Russia are part of rising rightist populisms, reactions against the neo-liberal order, and its attendant extreme inequality, exactly the same as the rise of these elements in other places such as Sweden, Norway, England, German, or the USA. Rather unrealistic to blame it on Putin.

4. Currently, there is quite a bit of militarist chest beating which accompanies the final fall of the British empire. There has been some quite bold statements made about "exerting military domination" in certain parts of the world, and lots of beating of war drums. Along with the wild, WILD accusations of spies poisoning, there is an accelerated and intensified effort to demonise Russia (as well as China).

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zhao For This Useful Post:

But thanks for reminding me of why I don't visit this place anymore: people who don't care at all about facts or rational debate, but just want to hammer their ignorant and self righteous biases.

more or less agree with you zhao but don't you think that the usa and china are economically so interwoven and dependent on each other that war would be disastrous for both?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    But thanks for reminding me of why I don't visit this place anymore: people who don't care at all about facts or rational debate
    Mate you started a thread about how HIV doesn't cause Aids.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 17-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.

doesn't have to with the right medication right?

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    doesn't have to with the right medication right?
    I don't quite get you.

Tea you don't have to police everyone's opinion. Is he mad? Yeah, probably a bit mad. So what? Is there a truth in what he's saying that you are completely oblivious to? Yes, clearly. You know what zhao is. I just don't see the point in trying to turn him into another mr tea clinging slavishly to the party line and received wisdom. Relax.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Tea you don't have to police everyone's opinion. Is he mad? Yeah, probably a bit mad. So what? Is there a truth in what he's saying that you are completely oblivious to? Yes, clearly. You know what zhao is. I just don't see the point in trying to turn him into another mr tea clinging slavishly to the party line and received wisdom. Relax.
    I'm not trying to turn zhao into a clone of me, what are you talking about? That's obviously no more likely than me becoming a clone of him. I just think it's interesting that an apparent ideological about-face has revealed a much deeper issue, and I was wondering if he has either the courage or the self-knowledge to admit it.

As to the wider point, well why does any of post here? You're hardly immune to the temptation to needle people yourself.

It's also ironic how many people think it's only a "party line" if it's a Western country's party line. (I was unaware AI even counted as a party.) Everything zhao's written here could have come straight from some CCP communications office, and quite possibly has for all I know. At this rate he'll pretty soon be denying anything unusual happened in Tiananmen Square in April 1989.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 17-04-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Actually it'd be much more like his style to acknowledge that protests and maybe even a massacre took place but to attribute the entire thing to "CIA agitators" and their "collaborators" who got what they deserved.