baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Love those pics. It's disorienting how cities change. A friend lived in Canada Water in 99ish, and it felt like a weirdly cut-off area; afair, 'canary wharf' was still mainly used to refer to the tower, not the district. Total difference from 6/7 years later when I used to go there for work.

Greenwich was the only part of London I knew as a kid, and I don't think I've been back since.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I first came to London in 1999 but as a student at UCL I had little reason ever to go near Greenwich or the Isle of Dogs, until a decade later when I was working as a junior sub-wonk in the civil service down at Crossharbour. One of my abiding memories of the place is from about this time of year, 2009 or 2010, when I walked up to the shopping precinct beneath Canada Square and noticed that not all of the baubles on the big Christmas tree were actually baubles. Some were discs of card with a printed text on them!

I crept closer, eager to learn what message of seasonal goodwill was being passively broadcast to the thronging shoppers.

It was "This area is under 24 hour CCTV surveillance".

I would assume the beer gardens on royal hill would be a lot quieter than the rest of Greenwich tomorrow. I am not taking a run at it personally

luka

guy in the middle is from limmys park video.

it's a look that evolved in the sprawling low density cities of the Pacific coast where men are tall, loose limbed, lean and tanned and muscular. at ease in their own skin. laconic, drawling, laidback. there's something horrifying about seeing it on the gollum-like, blinking, vitamin D starved British.

Leo

it's a look that evolved in the sprawling low density cities of the Pacific coast where men are tall, loose limbed, lean and tanned and muscular. at ease in their own skin. laconic, drawling, laidback. there's something horrifying about seeing it on the gollum-like, blinking, vitamin D starved British.

I'd stay on permanent shelter-in-place lockdown if the only shirts I owned were plunging v-necks like his. the hat is bad enough, but that t-shirt.

luka

David Brent doing a squinty eyed hamster grin in a scoop neck t shirt and trilby

Leo

loves to socialize but also won't be tied down, goes his own way. friends aren't quite sure how he earns a living, rarely buys a round but still a fixture in the social circle.

Leo

the women fantasize about him but in the end are looking for a more stable, long-term commitment that he can't provide.