It’s a mental unblocker. And for you this unblocking took the visual form of baby ganesh.

a big hit sober is another story, it’s hard enough to remember as it is, too much information, but if you’re drunk you forget it all really quickly.

And I agree there’s a visceral sense of occupying a real space that feels ancient or eternal or outside time

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps the Ganesha characters seen are actual elephant shamans? Seriously, elephants are voracious consumers of acacia foliage. They are also of a higher order of intelligence along with primates, cetaceans, and parrots having spindle cells and whatnot. Drug taking has been documented in animals from lemurs utilizing centipedes, birds eating fermented berries, and many other instances showing it is a basic animal drive to seek intoxication. Many acacias have phyllodes with trptamines, and elephants will eat inner bark as well. Considering many people have encountered other medicine men and shamans in their journeys who are simultaneously accessing hyperspace elsewhere, its not impossible that we might encounter elephants who are grazing on spice-laden leaves and shamanizing as well. Also elephants mourn their dead and perform basic ceremonial actions upon a packmates passing, so they have some conception of death and spirituality.

version

One of my mates recently did psilocybin for the first time in a while and the main thing he said was how futuristic it felt. That being said, he took liquid psilocybin rather than mushrooms, so I wonder whether that had an effect on how he thought of it.

I think there is a discernible difference between substances. Mushrooms are ‘witchy and folky’ as luka says. Acid more plastic, buggy, fizzy and synthetic. DMT is the absolute extreme, perfect holy alien future

linebaugh

And I agree there’s a visceral sense of occupying a real space that feels ancient or eternal or outside time

The feeling of space is always strongest for me. Theres a real sense of being on an entirely different planet, and it becomes impossible to imagine how it was and how you might return to sobriety.

Your comment made me reread the trans dimensional museum of mathematics chapter in Pynchon's Against the Day:

“Children.” The voice could not be located, it was everywhere in the corridors. “The Museum is closing now. The next time you visit, it might not be exactly where it stands today.”
“Why not?” Yashmeen could not refrain from asking, though she knew.
“Because the cornerstone of the building is not a cube but its fourdimensional analogy, a tesseract. Certain of these corridors lead to other times, times, moreover, you might wish too strongly to reclaim, and become lost in the perplexity of the attempt.”
“How do you know?” said Günther. “Who are you?”
“You know who I am.”

version

I think there is a discernible difference between substances. Mushrooms are ‘witchy and folky’ as luka says. Acid more plastic, buggy, fizzy and synthetic. DMT is the absolute extreme, perfect holy alien future
Are those inherent properties though, or just how we perceive them so the trip follows suit?

Are those inherent properties though, or just how we perceive them so the trip follows suit?

Inherent properties due to different degrees to which orthogonal dimensions are gated into the brain, and different electron tunnelling routes. DMT offers greatest degree of gating and shortest electron tunnelling route, highest energy and precision. Psilocybin is more like conventional serotonin, muddier, lower energy. DMT literally short circuits on the picometre scale.

It helps to see perception as a purely electrical phenomenon mediated by molecules that function on a quantum electrical scale rather than as chemical lock and key arrangements.

both, don’t know. they work on the same receptors but they have different onset, curves of intensity. Don’t see why they wouldn’t have distinct effects on perception through the visual system. But yes they also enhance suggestibility massively and our ideas about them influence the experience

The feeling of space is always strongest for me. Theres a real sense of being on an entirely different planet, and it becomes impossible to imagine how it was and how you might return to sobriety.

Your comment made me reread the trans dimensional museum of mathematics chapter in Pynchon's Against the Day:

“Children.” The voice could not be located, it was everywhere in the corridors. “The Museum is closing now. The next time you visit, it might not be exactly where it stands today.”
“Why not?” Yashmeen could not refrain from asking, though she knew.
“Because the cornerstone of the building is not a cube but its fourdimensional analogy, a tesseract. Certain of these corridors lead to other times, times, moreover, you might wish too strongly to reclaim, and become lost in the perplexity of the attempt.”
“How do you know?” said Günther. “Who are you?”
“You know who I am.”

if I go read Pynchon will I be as smart as you and version?

Inherent properties due to different degrees to which orthogonal dimensions are gated into the brain, and different electron tunnelling routes. DMT offers greatest degree of gating and shortest electron tunnelling route, highest energy and precision. Psilocybin is more like conventional serotonin, muddier, lower energy. DMT literally short circuits on the picometre scale.

It helps to see perception as a purely electrical phenomenon mediated by molecules that function on a quantum electrical scale rather than as chemical lock and key arrangements.

have you read James Kent?

version

I was surprised to see people discussing the green grid as I'd always seen it associated with research chemicals and stuff like 2C-B.

Why do we use green grids to represent digital space? Why do we use an elephant god to talk about the removal of life obstacles? Answer that and you’ll be a little closer to answering why we see those things tripping