version

Carpenter used green.

escape-from-new-york-glider-approach-1981-featured.jpg

version

I don't think so. If you live in a forest and can distinguish between lots of shades of green then you're more likely to be able to pick up on things hidden in bushes, tell plants from one another and so on. I don't know whether that is why we can see more shades of green though.

version

I've never had the grid thing. I've always had the opposite. Everything's been completely fluid. There were no lines or clear demarcations. It was like the paint running out of the paintings in The Pagemaster. Perhaps I never took enough and the grid is what's underneath, what the paint clings to.

0:40

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The Grid:

The city has become a grid, more explicitly than ever. The more I look, the more the materials that structures are made from become insignificant, even invisible. All that’s left is the pure structure itself, naked and unsullied by matter, abstracted. Structure, function, potentiality, systems…that’s what I see now. It appears as vision but it’s almost like it enters my eyes only by convention, or out of force of habit. Now everything is approaching wireframe, one-dimensional lines delineating 2-D surfaces enclosing 3-D volumes, themselves embedded in higher-dimension structures…but then I blink and it’s back to normal. For now. There’s a patina of unreality to everything that gets a little stronger each time this happens.