Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
2) the perfectly nice trip that doesn't stack up to my one-before-last, universe tilting trip

I wouldn't worry too much about this. MDMA is still my overall favourite drug and go-to substance for a fun night out (although probably not again, for a while at least!), even though I know it'll never be as mind-blowing as it was when I was 21. What I mean is, I'm just glad I had those really wonderful early experiences, and I can still enjoy it getting on for 20 years later without it seeming disappointing or in any way a wash-out.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. MDMA is still my overall favourite drug and go-to substance for a fun night out (although probably not again, for a while at least!), even though I know it'll never be as mind-blowing as it was when I was 21. What I mean is, I'm just glad I had those really wonderful early experiences, and I can still enjoy it getting on for 20 years later without it seeming disappointing or in any way a wash-out.

This feels like it goes beyond just diminishing neurochemical payoff too, there's a slightly melancholy sense of compartmentalisation that happens after repeat experiences where you can cognitively map the effects and 'think through' them

droid

Psilocybin is the way I think. The truffles are easy to buy, easy to grow and very predictable. Considering dabbling in DMT though, and feeling some masochistic attraction to ibogaine recently.

droid

In theory, yes, with a kit, though when we tried it didnt work. I made a nice little growbox though so i reckon it would work next time.

The truffle kits are different, you just open the top and let them do their thing. Only takes a few days.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Yeah seemed almost too good to be true, I read a load of people saying they don't work on the shroomery forums, and then showing you how to make your own grow box for very little money. Even though it looks easy it would be sweet to get the whole thing in the post, add water and wait 2 weeks.

droid

I delegated cultivation so I cant say for sure, but I think they're generally quite reliable. Ikea box, small heat lamp and thermometer should do the job.

version

Psilocybin is the way I think.

It would probably be my pick if I were to ever do psychedelics again. I like the process of going out picking mushrooms, growing them could be fun, it's much more mellow than acid (in my experience) and I'd trust mushrooms I'd picked or grown myself more than I would someone selling what I'd hope was acid.

droid

It's a shorter experience for sure. Dosage can be less predictable, but can be calibrated based on batch.

droid

I have had a good experience with these guys. Trustworthy and no hassle. https://www.trufflemagic.com/ EDIT - just saw they arent posting anymore!

These guys delivered the goods as well, and actually offered to replace the failed grow-kit, but then cancelled the order after the Guardian published an article about mushroom importation and there was a crackdown in packages passing through the UK https://www.magic-mushrooms-shop.com/en/

Dark web is a perennial option but Ive found it very expensive and annoying.

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Cant remember when I last smoked. Maybe Xmas. But you'd have thought the dreams would have come by now if it was just the weed. This is more like the flicking of a switch to open the floodgates. That's why I think the acid did it. But who knows. It was literally the first proper sleep after the trip when it started, and every sleep since then has contained at least one elaborate dream. I have to admit that I took a couple of naps when I got home from work this eve to see what would happen! Lo and behold. More dreams!

Well, I'd say this last trip was close to what I think our resident hardcore mfer third would describe as a horror trip. It was inside a club on Friday morning (the only one still open after nye), on a secluded high platform, but still totally connected to a big room which was in a long ambient chill out phase. Some dark electronics played. Didn't recognise any of it, but it was all fantastic and perfect for the moment. Several negative events happened over the next few hours including the one guy I'd met in there thus far purposely trying to make things uncomfortable and also ripping me off, which should have sent me spiralling, but I just let it all go and laughed at him. There was also a Christmas Carol-esque trip through my conscience with something like a satanic choir made up of all the clubbers singing, shrieking and laughing from every direction in the darkest and most brutally honest way possible. Real or not, it didn't matter. This was probably the most 'constructive' part. I think the key was, without it being an effort, not letting fear enter, and knowing that whatever happened was to be, temporary, and not worth holding on to. Just let it wash over and pass no matter the intensity. It was like walking underwater, at night, near the surface, several strong currents all at once but keeping a straight line. So many forces pushing and pulling, but allowing them to do their thing. After maybe 3, 4, or 5 (fuck knows) hours, it was time to get back to the action. Stayed another day or so, met some people, had some chats, but most importantly danced my fucken ass off..

Saturday night, surrounded by techno vikings and ogres, totally immune at this point. The scarier they looked, and there were some proper naaaasty looking fuckers in there, the funnier they were. Menacing giants all on k and meth. Shaved heads and taught, teutonic faces. Malevolence and menace in their huge glaring eyes. Pneumatic jerks and sinewy shuffles.. when the beat dropped, they expanded to double size and grinned like their brains had crystallised. The music had gone up a couple hundred gears in intensity and I was feeling it. Mentally, emotionally and energetically I was on. But, a guy I'd met there and had been hanging with after the trip came to me in a bad state. Could barely talk, eyes like lazers, all tense and totally out. So I decided to make sure he made it home safe. I slept maybe 10 hours at his place and then went back to mine. For a while I couldn't sleep and my body clock was all fucked, so I decided to watch a film. Had a bunch to watch but nothing grabbed me, until I moused over Fight club.

And god damn was that exactly the film I needed to see right there and then. First time in over 10 years. The scene with the lye on the hand was like a giant wink and everything made perfect sense. It hadn't crossed my mind to watch any film at all, and yet here I was watching the exact thing I needed to see. Weird how shit works like that.

And yeah, ever since then, these dreams.

:crylarf:

what club were you? you describe things so well, the teutonic faces and the shaved heads. i know exactly what you mean. in fact i sometimes think of some clubs as scary places even when going in sober. everything is black, everyone is sporting the same evil haircut, doing the same repetitive move, having the same fit-for-free muscled torso. looking like they just came back from a trench warfare. for me personally, things don't necessarily have to look all hippy and rainbow coloured but why does every club has to look like it's a portal to hell? anyway, that's why i wouldn't prefer to use psychedelics in such an environment.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The best clubs are the ones that look like a portal to hell but are actually full of lovely sweaty pilled-up people who'd sooner hug you than fight you or grope you.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
:crylarf:

what club were you? you describe things so well, the teutonic faces and the shaved heads. i know exactly what you mean. in fact i sometimes think of some clubs as scary places even when going in sober. everything is black, everyone is sporting the same evil haircut, doing the same repetitive move, having the same fit-for-free muscled torso. looking like they just came back from a trench warfare. for me personally, things don't necessarily have to look all hippy and rainbow coloured but why does every club has to look like it's a portal to hell? anyway, that's why i wouldn't prefer to use psychedelics in such an environment.

Forgot to reply to this. It was Sisyphos. Total hell nest. Bigger than Berghain. Twice as many tourists. No rush to return. In fact I'm pretty much out of love for Berlin's clubs these days. I miss the mad energy of my youth in the UK. Here it's too tame and djs mostly play it safe.