the rupture.

luka

something i've been trying to distill into an exact science
like that of astrology is this idea of the rupture.

so basically the experience is your energy is a bit flat
and things arent happening for you in the way they
should. reality is not responding to you as it usually
does.

then there is some kind of rupture, some interruption
of the normal state of consciousness. like say maybe
you have been hoarding semen then you have a wank
or maybe you havent been boozing and you get drunk
or maybe you havent been smoking and you get stoned
and something shifts, and things start to move again.

what do you know about this please?

luka

i also think it can be about shaking intruders, squatters and spies off your line.

they get right in there sometimes. every once in a while you can catch them,
overhear them speaking.

luka

i wonder what other ways there are to produce a rupture
a definite break leading to a changed state. has anyone
got any experience or is this one of those times when
i am talking entirely to myself?

luka

the rupture depends for its efficacy on the preceding fast or abstinence.
the longer and more devout the abstinence the more spectacular the
rewards for breaking it are.

if you get drunk
for instance, there will be no hangover. no mess. it will be
a religious intoxication.

the law is

The reward for abstaining is revoked for indulging.
The punishment for withholding is lifted following the offering.

luka

it is a question of recognising the point at which to let go. when holding on becomes hoarding
it's a delicate science. you have to avoid being either spendthrift or miser. anal-expulsive
or tightarse.

luka

my latest insight is that there comes a point when you are starting to use too much energy to maintain the prohibition. then you have to break it. perhaps it can be done symbolically rather than literally. im still working it out.

if no (no to whatever) is tying up too much energy your whole system is depleted.

luka

Above: Ch'en The Arousing Thunder
Below:Ch'ien The Creative Heaven
The Judgement

The Power of the Great. Perseverance furthers.
The Image

Thunder in heaven above: The image of The Power of the Great. Thus the superior man does not tread upon paths That do not accord with established order.

The Lines

Nine in the fourth place means: Perseverance brings good fortune. Remorse disappears. The hedge opens; there is no entanglement. Power depends upon the axle of a big cart.

Nine in the second place means: Perseverance brings good fortune.

Nine at the beginning means: Power in the toes. Continuing brings misfortune. This is certainly true.

luka

well that's partly what this is about, yes. when to change. what to change. to what end. why?

luka

change to the meds does the trick

as a general rule, and granted im a big strong lad with a robust ego that has learned to protect myself against this sort of thing, it's probably best to avoid this sort of banter. it's what Artaud (a nutter) is talking about in this line

One of those seemingly innocent disparaging wrinklings of the nose where the whole bourgeois unconscious of the earth has inscribed the old magic force of a thought one hundred times repressed

and it's what RD Laing is talking about here

Much human behaviour can be seen as unilateral or bilateral attempts to eliminate experience

the destruction of experience. the forcible shattering of inner realities to force someone to return to an impoverished consensual reality. it's always an act of violence.

sufi

lala
Sorry :love: i interrupted the flow
I mentioned to you before about how i found weed can be a stifler personally, and about a bit of variety being spicy in a general way.
But i think its also a treatment strategy in clinical settings too, chemical rupture

luka

i guess what i am experimenting with is sobriety as a norm and then trying to work out when to break that, how, by what means etc. and trying to be aware of when it needs to be broken

luka

dionysus demands his due. it's in canto 2 i think, to cross reference the poetry thread

catalog

Yeah and sometimes it's awful, I usually do something really bad, but every now and then, 40 hours or no sleep and I'm singing after the long sleep at the end