luka

and then there's the increasingly hysterical (and undeniable, incontrovertible)sensation of reality becoming less and less real which i think is brought out well in a lot of photography and video work from fashion and pop. e.g. the katy perry video for dark horse and was officially inaugurated by my all time favourite film the matrix.

it becomes harder and harder to beleive reality is not programmed and fabricated. IF ONLY JUST ON AN AESTHETIC LEVEL. that it's all transmuted into a gaudy soap opera. all buried under a thick layer of orange foundation.

luka

let me you know what you think of that album then. i think its the ultimate digitalised music personally.

After being on the internet for around 13 years every day i don't think i can really remember when the internet really spoke back to me. I'd have to back to the days of MSN messenger tbh.

the internet is speaking back to you right now. you are literally involved in a conversation with it. i am the internet.

(i like noto. i played him on that first radio show i did. twice.)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is ultimately the problem with poptimists. what they wanted failed. the music isn't even beaten up anymore. it's just modulated as a dictatorship. it provides no openings anymore. it's just a self-contained tyranny.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
they managed to untie pop from liberation so now all we get is Beyonce's conservative industrial sweatshop branding shtick.

It's certainly not a desire anymore. it's just a social coding. you are stuck in this box. adhere to it.

luka

i think its just as easy to see that as sexy and dystopian as miserable and depressing tbh. it's why vigilant citizen is one of my favourite websites.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there is one kind of soulnessless, the soulnessless that white people talk about, I.E: a certain microtonal bluesy (and traditionally black) invocation.

Then there is the soulnessless of everything having failed. that is the future i think.

luka

i cant help thinking all this is just another way of saying "i dont like it" as opposed to playing the game properly!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i think its just as easy to see that as sexy and dystopian as miserable and depressing tbh. it's why vigilant citizen is one of my favourite websites.

Well, the anti-systemic fuck all grand narritives people won. that just meant they could now justify their plunder of the latin/Afro-asian people with a nice liberal gloss. the pop industry did more than the CIA ever could. this is not surprising. it is part of the spectacle. we will give you the alternatives that we make you desire.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i cant help thinking all this is just another way of saying "i dont like it" as opposed to playing the game properly!

well whether I like it or not is not what im really getting at. we could spend the whole day talking about how the avant-garde has ultimately been a victim of its own success as well.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i am saying sociology is a load of codswallop. politics is made to be separated from daily reproduction. this is why you can have so many leftist sociologists. it doesn't really mean anything to identify yourself on the political spectrum. the divisions are only relevant on an ethical level.

version

Digital reverb is an interesting one, the illusion of 3d space. You get people doing stuff like sampling field recordings from Youtube too, they want natural sounds but it's more convenient to just rip a recording than it is to actually find them 'in the field' so they end up with something where even the organic sounds come from a digital source.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Digital reverb is an interesting one, the illusion of 3d space. You get people doing stuff like sampling field recordings from Youtube too, they want natural sounds but it's more convenient to just rip a recording than it is to actually find them 'in the field' so they end up with something where even the organic sounds come from a digital source.

you should listen to some of that roland kayn anthology released last year, spooky generative reverbed music, quite organic but in the way of being tangled in a whole mop of seaweed.

version

you should listen to some of that roland kayn anthology released last year, spooky generative reverbed music, quite organic but in the way of being tangled in a whole mop of seaweed.

The one on Frozen Reeds? I've heard it. There was a Village Voice thing on him that referred to the 'voice of electricity' that I can't help but think of when I hear it now, also reminds me of the stuff in Twin Peaks re: electricity.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
a lot of that shit is too pastoral for my liking tbh. I like heavy and gloomy music. Vladislav Delay manages to get around that by submerging his ambient chords with these heavy dub beats and this real attention to spatialisation. im particularly thinking of the album vantaa.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
with vlad it's not so much the sound of the dream-like present but the attempt to recall the virtual dream. like blissblogger says that kind of ruthles amnesiac effect. his textures are so opaque, so buried in the distant that the wafty synth chords don't act as weightlessness.