pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
in these isolated times it feels like pre millenial music is one of the few places you can interface with a better reality. and you can carry it around with you as a soundtrack to the real one :cool:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
There's no soul left. The people presented to us as soul artists sound like bad quotations - Adele's fried vocals. It's not like she's really singing about anything. Music by numbers. A distinct lack of anything that feels truly real. The internet is like the hunters blade sticking out of the ice, dipped in blood, and we're the hungy wolves lapping away thinking we're getting a meal. If the planet lasts long enough we're going to look back at now and wonder why we didn't at least try to stop it. Biggest head fuck in history. We all feel it on some level. But there's nowhere to direct our frustration, so we end up taking it out on eachother, further isolating ourselves and digging in to our personally curated realities. At least it's safe there...

The more virtual we consume. The more virtual we become. Our souls require the real™. Computer generated whatever just doesn't hit us the way physical, human generated whatever does. The less human input into the whatever, the less we will feel in response. I'm not buying that it's all subjective. And yeah, a lot of what I listen to is made on a computer, but the shit that matters cleary has more soul put into it. I can't define what that means, but my soul knows it when it feels it.

autotune really works with new rai. check this banger.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
currently in Morocco and think I may have reached peak internal autotune capacity. the brain spasms.

you say that but middle eastern and north african singing really adds an extra nuance to autotune singing. most western pop music is too enthralled to ugly despicable 00s alternative rock and emo pop trends.

come on, you must have some bangers in your basket, throw em up!

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
but i came for the Gnaoua, maan. anyone under 40 will be listening to mostly AT'd tracks. maybe i'll see if i can find something cool when out and about

luka

Well. Ahem.

I'm not interested in divination.

I don't think it adds anything sensible to the useful question of "what is this doing to us?".

That's probably the gap between us, which I am happy to gesticulate over with a smile.

dear god. im holding my head in my hands in utter despair. ITS A FIGURE OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!!
lol lol loooooooooooooooooooooooool
fucking hell!!!!!
this is a new low looooool

luka

i'm just going to try and enjoy it from now on. there's no point getting frustrated.

luka

is there anyone out there is this universe that can explain this simple thing im trying to explain in language my fellow forum family members can understand? i really need help i think.
i'll tell you what it feels like tbh, it feels like being gaslighted.
im not saying eden et al are deliberately setting out to gaslight me but it feels like that.

Benny Bunter

Luka, I think part of the problem is most people on the forum dont listen to contemporary pop rnb rap dancehall etc. In fact I imagine when autotune became ubiquitous is the point where they got off the bus.

luka

Luka, I think part of the problem is most people on the forum dont listen to contemporary pop rnb rap dancehall etc. In fact I imagine when autotune became ubiquitous is the point where they got off the bus.

this is true. which is doubly a problem because part of the reason for me asking the question is that i dont listen to it either! which is why i wanted some help in fleshing this stuff out! i walk into topshop for a new pair of leggings and it all sounds new and shiny but i dunno what the fuck it is.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

And obsessive male feminist also gets it wrong.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is true. which is doubly a problem because part of the reason for me asking the question is that i dont listen to it either! which is why i wanted some help in fleshing this stuff out! i walk into topshop for a new pair of leggings and it all sounds new and shiny but i dunno what the fuck it is.

Just put the capital xtra stream link in ur media player.

luka

another thing i think is causing confusion is that traditionally at dissensus
the future has been a synonym for 'the music we like best"
but here i am using it in a value-neutral way, in it's normal sense, as, further
ahead along the trajectory we are currently travelling