catalog

I'm getting a bit bored with lemmings, but not sure I'm cool enough for a PlayStation. I've never been into them. Used to smoke weed round at a guys house when I was at school and they'd play champion soccer all night, I used to find it really stressful

luka

theres only two. playstation or xbox. i think you should buy a playstation for the reason given upthread.

catalog

I've not read this thread properly. I think I know someone with a PlayStation so maybe I should see if he's got this game

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've not played this game, but I've heard that in it you can forage mushrooms to eat or sell, so it gets the Mr. Tea seal of approval.

luka

You can. Although it's not all that exciting. You press a button and he bends down as if to pick a mushroom. That's it.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
FYI (in case you're unaware) you're coming in at the tail end of PS4.

Might want to wait for a PS5. More expensive (a lot) but you can play PS4 games on it too.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
you do get to kill and skin lots of majestic wildlife though.
I wonder if future generations will play games that let you re-enact lost ways of life from the past, like driving to work and eating a sandwich at your desk.

version

In a report from November 2019, however, an analyst wrote that Amazon hired Pinkerton spies who were "inserted" into a warehouse in Wroclaw, Poland, to investigate an allegation that management coached job candidates on how to complete job interviews and possibly even conducted the process for them.

version

Some game developers found a strange, dreamlike section of the map that was hidden by Rockstar,

One evening, they approached a scrubby slope with their pistols drawn, intending to use a well-known hack to access the forbidden far reaches of the world. As if by magic, each of them slid up the verge and into a strange dimension that Rockstar never intended for any player to see...

... unsure of how the terrain actually functioned, the foursome uncovered a place of sheer virtual otherness. In the south-east, a gloomy, sparse landscape of jutting mountains, and beyond that, recalls Bartlett, an “endless, unlit valley”. The north-east was filled with snow, glaciers, wolves and elk, and venturing farther west revealed a pine forest. At various points, gigantic polygonal objects rose out of the virtual turf like the black monolith of 1968’s 2001: A Space Odyssey...

After roughly an hour of constant descent, they landed in water, transparent mountains stretching high above them. The duo swam until, finally, they drowned, triggering their teleportation out of the netherworld and back into the main game map.

1920.jpg

woops

is not like other people
Some game developers found a strange, dreamlike section of the map that was hidden by Rockstar,

One evening, they approached a scrubby slope with their pistols drawn, intending to use a well-known hack to access the forbidden far reaches of the world. As if by magic, each of them slid up the verge and into a strange dimension that Rockstar never intended for any player to see...

... unsure of how the terrain actually functioned, the foursome uncovered a place of sheer virtual otherness. In the south-east, a gloomy, sparse landscape of jutting mountains, and beyond that, recalls Bartlett, an “endless, unlit valley”. The north-east was filled with snow, glaciers, wolves and elk, and venturing farther west revealed a pine forest. At various points, gigantic polygonal objects rose out of the virtual turf like the black monolith of 1968’s 2001: A Space Odyssey...

After roughly an hour of constant descent, they landed in water, transparent mountains stretching high above them. The duo swam until, finally, they drowned, triggering their teleportation out of the netherworld and back into the main game map.

1920.jpg
Brilliant, love this kind of stuff, it's like the Minecraft edge lands

Reactions: sus

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Halo incentivized this kind of exploration too. You had to scour the maps to find skulls, which enabled new gameplay features when you picked them up.

Actually there was an example similar to this in one map. It was a desert map called Sandbox which had a boundary (roughly indicated by the shadow area below), and if you went beyond it you were fired upon by these lethal projectiles of light. You had to search through the area beyond the boundary, constantly evading the projectiles, until you found the skull amidst the dunes.

Sandbox_msblog copy.png