version

See above. There's got to be some. I'm talking within the last three to five years, max. We can't have every thread rolling back to '03 at the latest, I'm sure something happened after grime.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
sure there's new stuff, more than ever, if anything. like in some respects we're at a global cultural highpoint. but I just don't care for it. or rather, i do care for it, but I'm nearly 30 and my taste is overdeveloped. I need to suspend judgment and i can't do that in the same way i could when i was 16. I have value judgments forged in blood and fire and the ignorance cannot be recovered. how do you escape this deadlock is probably why we're on this forum to begin with. for the older blokes like blissblogger they had linear progressions. our period is more like non-contiguous jumps and stop starts. which station do i listen to on a friday night? i can choose between pyro, mode fm, nts, rinse fm, subtle fm, soho radio, flex fm, the list goes on and on. the problem isn't the variety, the problem is it's up to me as a consumer. in some sense you need a choice to be dictated to you in a group or collective dynamic. the fact magification of much dance music contributed to this, sad to say. whereas punk still tends to have its own internal dynamics where bands are more word of mouth. these days you can't just do shit on ur own and expect your bredren to get behind you everything needs a press release.

Again the problem is not that there is variety, that is a positive that should be retained. the problem is in the age of atomisation there is nothing to direct you. more about some new bits ive been enjoying later.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
really think this techy trap influenced footwork east african diaspora thing is interesting but probably too austere for barty.

anyway, slammin set.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
used to hang out with the crew around truss and tesella back in my techno days. cool they're putting stuff out. have no idea who glyn hendry is though.

i wish he'd chop the beat up a bit though.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i mean i just think jersey club sounds shit compared to this stuff, even though you could argue that footwork lost some of its novelty with the jungle connection, but still there are really weird future funk beats like this...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
there's a mad french speedcore liveset from la peste that I'll link u lot to later. it's well xenakis.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
that brood ma bloke is call i guess, like virtual reality with those virus trancey synths done in a massively sidechained way. not so much into arca though.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
better than all the so-called deconstructed club that came after it imo.

also let's not talk about eco grime because that stuff gives me nightmares.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
think zuli and mumdance on nts radio will fulfill some of those needs. the latest keysound on rinse was good by all accounts i hear but not heard it yet.

some more juttering beats though.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
N1L, Renick Bell and Sim Hutchins are the best of the stuff on UIQ, I reckon. It can all start to sound a bit too much like Autechre though. Lee Gamble's NTS show is decent, but I always forget to listen and end up downloading the odd recording months later.

that doesn't really concern me so much they have their own unique sounds that whilst being very similar to AE are not. i remember the dark days of the IDM era when you would have autechre clone after autechre clone. given that AE are my favourite electronic act (who needs kraftwerk anyway?) i found it all a bit disheartening. especially a lot of the bedroom stuff on schematic. really yucky indie whiteboy melancholy melodies over glitched hip hop beats. dire stuff.

Numbers

Spectrum Spools put out a lot of good stuff. I quite like the contemporary output of Berceuse Heroique too. And Pinkman, LIES or Knekelhuis, although sometimes their releases can get very bleak.