luka

Honestly don't know if that's aimed at me or if its wry self deprecation on your part.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Although I should remind you that you are, in you own words, "one of the greatest trolls of the twitter era".

IdleRich

IdleRich
No it's ridiculous. Hysterical. Nonsensical. Mental illness.
OK good to know. So if you strip away the stuff that is not true what remains is really a disagreement about feminism and so on. Serious disagreements perhaps but not beyond the pale in the same as way as supporting Turkic neo nazis...

luka

OK good to know. So if you strip away the stuff that is not true what remains is really a disagreement about feminism and so on. Serious disagreements perhaps but not beyond the pale in the same as way as supporting Turkic neo nazis...

You can read this thread for an idea of what people are objecting to, particularly Edens and Baboons posts. Or if you want to know what their peers/rivals/acolytes think search twitter.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah I read through the whole thread. Will check that link. I just think that - even if you have genuine grievances - it never helps to make up some stuff and add it on top.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah I read through the whole thread. Will check that link. I just think that - even if you have genuine grievances - it never helps to make up some stuff and add it on top.
I mean the Nazi accusation stuff, nothing said by you or Baboon. If I wasn't clear.

luka

Well assuming it's not a stunt,and Nina says it's not so I think it's not, then it's clearly the work of a nut job and not a rational actor. What can you do?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

It's just such a bizarre accusation though, isn't it? I mean, of all the forms of far-right ideology that a couple of white academics in England in 2019 might be into, is it likely to be a Pan-Turkic-nationalist terror group?

john eden

male pale and stale
There’s no explanation of the hand gesture at the time. My recollection is that Josef does it first and then Nina copied him. I assumed it was some kind of in-joke.

Numbers

Not being familiar with individuals involved or the authors they seem to favour, I do not feel very comfortable commenting. But I would like to point out that re-reading 'burned'/ dubious/forgotten/expulsed.... authors is a rather common practice. Take the postion of Carl Schmitt in Agamben's work --or in Chantal Mouffe's. Claiming that such return to questionable authors is not a stunt is both true and false: in the best cases it surfaces questions that couldn't be posed otherwise. But even then, it certainly participates in the search for something 'new' and distinctive to say and the symbolic profits to reap from the acquired intellectual position. It just seems that the persons involved here aren't very good at it.