wild greens

what are the physchological 'motivations' do you think?
Distrusting society and feeling at the outside of the standard machinations of things

You seek other things

Same sort of stuff can lead you to doing loads of mdma in clubs and finding whole new lives too, though. Just depends on how the waters flow

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's not really gonna work but deep down it is probably what all libertarians actually want.
A lot of self-described libertarians want unlimited personal freedom for themselves and people who look and think more or less like they do, and unlimited authoritarianism for everyone else.

Think of the sort of white American conservative who has stickers saying DON'T TREAD ON ME! and LIVE FREE OR DIE on the back of his truck, but who also says things like "Black people wouldn't get shot by the cops so often if they just complied with authority at all times."

catalog

it's not a sustainable philosophy is it. but it's actually true to what people want. but it can never work in terms of politics i don't think. cos why would anyone stand for it if their not the dominant group?

catalog

yes but it doesnt work does it, cos the info is too open. it's too chaotic, they can't keep a handle on us, at least they can't in europe and america.

catalog

we can be made more and more poor, and they can know everything we do, which means we have to buy all the shit, but at the same time, they can't take their eyes off us, there are protests and quick ways of organising.

People are getting richer and richer and they have no idea how or why, or how to tax it, because it was invented yesterday. And the last thing that matters in the crypto anarchist world is race, as identity is totally denoted by pixelated images of whatever. Imagine being so mentally stagnant you fail to grasp this. Bog standard guns and flags libertarianism is as laughable as larping proletarian revolution.

shakahislop

oh, I know, you all embarrassed yourselves mightily, but god and I forgive you. I’m talking to the lurkers now.

lurkers! this is how it is. the people here, and not just them, don’t know what they are saying, what they think, or why they feel a certain way. they hate who they are told to hate, but they do not know why; in truth they hate themselves. they are not bad people, necessarily; they are afraid, unhappy and confused about things in their lives, and the world, some quite resentfully, they consume too much corporate and state media and they don’t realise how it lies to them, how systematically, maliciously... they don’t know how to be free. they want to be part of a group, and be good guys, be something or someone, for someone, or something, and they don’t understand that freedom, which is their birthright, as it was mine, and yours, comes through the rediscovery of how to be alone. When the dust of these years settles it will be obvious who has acted with sincerity and courage, and who has not, it is obvious already, to everyone with eyes, see them. listen! can you hear the beauty of the silence underneath the screams? still do not despise the others. and think of me whatever you want. act with courage and sincerity yourself, and also mischief, joy. choose your own path, disregard all those you don’t respect, separate yourself from them, your thoughts from theirs. do not fear death, seek no reward, but only marvel at the majesty of god’s creation, your life is yours alone and everyone is perfectly autonomous.
i've read this whole fucking thread up to here in one go, and this post is making my laugh my head off. absolutely amazing

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's not a sustainable philosophy is it. but it's actually true to what people want. but it can never work in terms of politics i don't think. cos why would anyone stand for it if their not the dominant group?

Nah, that gives it too much credit. the problem is that if you live in a politically mediated society a social contract must be enforced, a contract that libertarians are also subject to.