iconic, foundational and pivotal sets of 93/93 retro sets

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
love this. do you happen to know the track starting around 11:40 and what the origin of the sample "what would we do" is? that sample has been used a lot i think.

sample is from dsk what would we do steve hurley's house mix.

track is inta warriors - what would we do on reinforced.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
tune starting at 25:00 is of course potential bad boy melody mayhem on ibiza. Well, the sublabel Limited E edition to be absolutely correct.

Last edited:

luka

London pirate radio played everything double fast. Hardcore jungle garage all of it sped up to nutter levels. Play it at normal speed and it sounds rubbish.

luka

If I made music I'd make a song that was a 90 minute weekend rush mix from 93. That would be the whole song. Doing loads of stuff and keeping you entertained and wigged out for absolutely ages. Dunno why you lot don't do that with your fruityloops.

craner

Beast of Burden
Interesting though all the guys who split from 92/3 to jungle or happy hardcore, they were on the same plane till literally months later. Things moved fast then. It was so good, so exciting. Most of my school pals who liked this stuff went HH and pills. I liked jungle! That’s the provinces for you Vandross. It’s why I moved to London. They ended up listening to trance while I liked garage.

luka

Yes I don't understand the provinces. I don't understand their dreams. What do they dream of out there? What are they seeing in their visions?

craner

Beast of Burden
I had a DJ Rap/Ellis Dee Fantazia tape too that was amazing but not on YiuTube sadly, it was one of my favourites then

craner

Beast of Burden
You dream and escape and it drives you to build a new life.

Or you don’t dream but you build a life based on community and family.

Or you inject cider into your eyes and die a lonely death waiting for Univesal Credit payments to enter your bank account.