• Garage

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Grime

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Dubstep

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

luka

My mate was with her for a bit. Said he could tell she was going places, ambitious type, so he tried to dig his claws in but not joy. Didn't last.

luka

He bought her one of those rephlex grime compilations that were all dubstep and no grime but she didn't rate it at the time. Funny how things turn out.

firefinga

He bought her one of those rephlex grime compilations that were all dubstep and no grime but she didn't rate it at the time. Funny how things turn out.

you could tell from the playlists of her bbc radio show. Late 05 all of a sudden she was totally into it all of a sudden.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
dunno there's a danger with fetishising the local with this stuff rather than looking at the conservatism of how the club is regimented into a night time activity, a pleasure totally drip fed to us like victory gin.

That's why i am reappreciating the sobriety of the early detroit techno scene (lower middle class snobbishness notwithstanding) again. the fact is drugs become an end into themselves (weed included) and this turns the pleasure into a fascisoid control mechanism, oh as long as we have our poxy club it's all good.

Last edited:

droid

Well that's cos mary anne hobbes was living with loefah who knows maybe they were fucking i have no idea. but it was a case of making my mates big, that never works out! actually i really don't think she was the problem contrary to dissensus wisdom, a lot of monopolisation politics in london which living in dublin...

Its one of the best things about this shithole. There was a decent dubstep scene here with no bullshit. Pretty good gender mix, loads of people just into the tunes. The same with jungle etc... its why DJ's loved to play here all through the 90s and on. Great, enthusiastic crowds, no politics, no snobbery.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
anyway if blackdown is reading this i am not really talking about you frankly i couldn't give a primary school willie about your taste or mentality but more how you are defered to as an authority on this stuff, hence 'blackdown mentality.' so i got no beef with you m8. and some of your keysound tracks are still up my street from a dj perspecctive.

the real offender is kode nine.

Last edited:

luka

I've met both of them very nice boys. Very friendly and gentle. I wish I was into what they do cos they don't deserve being abused but im not into it. Ive been very consistent about it. Its not for me. I don't agree with it. I don't approve of it

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I've met both of them very nice boys. Very friendly and gentle. I wish I was into what they do cos they don't deserve being abused but im not into it. Ive been very consistent about it. Its not for me. I don't agree with it. I don't approve of it

Didn't mean to come across as abusing martin or kode even. that wasn't my intention. my problem is i think too much in patterns so most genres of dance music are inevitably gonna get stale for me unless the work on the principle of reductions. this is what i meant by my mum and the chipmunk thing, not that you were against amusical values, but you don't have as much as a surgeon's approach to what you listen to.

luka

I don't just listen with the ear that's true, or even ear/intellect. Sometimes some drugs might give me that but it's not my habitual mode

craner

Beast of Burden
I think so. Whenever I’ve heard her she’s always obsessively talking about going to festivals.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I wanted to bone Annie Mac in 2009. no idea why. just a random urge came over me. I look upon it with utter utter revulsion these days.

she plays anything that is tagged edm and its uk derivatives.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
luckily i found krome and times happy hardcore on zodiac which filled that phase of being so drunk on teenage euphoria. thank you lads you saved me from a truly ghastly fate.

luka

I wanted to bone Annie Mac in 2009. no idea why. just a random urge came over me. I look upon it with utter utter revulsion these days.

she plays anything that is tagged edm and its uk derivatives.

Craner said the same thing to me a few years back

blissblogger

Garage could be very dull till full 2-step ascension.

full-tilt 4 to the floor speed garridge could be great though - in some ways just the perfect dance music - house + a bit of ruff

i voted 'hardcore' before i realised you were alowed vote for multiples and so it would have been hardcore/jungle/garage and i'd have vacillated about grime and maybe added it maybe not. fantastically exciting as it was in those early years it doesn't quite (at the moment anyway) stir the same feelings of affection. perhaps because i don't have the associations of great nights out as i do with the previous three.

grime wasn't really a club music was it, you'd go and see them perform, little mini rap concerts, lots of energy, but yeah not really that memorable. certainly not like going raving. it was music for pirates and for buying the 12s and then putting them on a cassette or a CD-R.

luka

I dont like speed garidge but I was talking pre speed garidge really. Tasteful adult era.